Chapter Thirteen: The Defeat

I tried to keep the ectoplasm from flowing out of Danny's body. Key word: tried. But there was so much of it, that I can't really pinpoint where it's coming from.

I groaned in frustration. I should have taken that First-Aid class that Kitty had wanted me to go to. I really was stupid back then. I wished that I did go. It could have at least helped this situation a lot.

Danny groaned and opened his eyes. He began to sit up. I gently pushed him back down. He gave me a questioning look.

"You're injured." I explained. This Halfa was really dense, wasn't he?

Danny pushed away my hand, gently."I know that. My injuries can wait until after this bitch is defeated."

Ohhhh, Dipstick cussing? He must be really angry if he decides to cuss.

Danny flew up and drew a breath. I closed my ears, as I knew what he was about to do.

"Skulker!" I shouted."Get down and cover your ears!"

Shooting me a questioning look, Skulker did so.

Danny released his breath and a sound of a thousand ghosts' wails came out of his mouth. Pariah Dark, shocked at the impact, immediately crashed into the ground, where Skulker unarmed him.

Danny stopped the Ghostly Wail and collapsed on the ground, exhausted. 

I took of the Ring of Rage and the Crown of Fire from the Ghost King and shoved  him back to the coffin of forever sleep. Maybe I should put a sign on the coffin that says "Do Not Open Unless You Want to Die a Second Time."

Catchy, no?

Glancing back at Danny, my eyes widened. Danny had completely overdid himself. Dipstick was unconscious on the blacktop.  

I lifted him up and nodded at Skulker and a few other ghosts that were there. They would bring the coffin to somewhere it would not be touched: Clockwork's Tower. 

Using the last of my energy, I transported Danny and I to my Lair. Where I would tend to his wounds.