Chapter Twelve: The Fight

Danny and I looked at each other. If Pariah Dark was back, then the world is in deep trouble. Like, another World War coming kind of trouble. (Although their could be another World War. You just might never know.)

"What do you mean Dark has returned? Who was stupid enough to wake him up?" I demanded. Skulker gulped.

"Vlad." It was a statement. Not a question. Although it sounded like Skulker was questioning himself. Vlad was his employer after all. He wouldn't dare to betray him. He's too much of a coward.

I rolled my eyes and stood up. I looked at Danny."Come on, Dipstick. We have to find someplace to hide."

I began to fly off the building. I landed on the ground and looked back up. Danny hasn't even moved a muscle.

"Hey! You coming?!" I hollered.

Danny suddenly got that look in his eyes. He was up to something. I just knew it. The way his neon green eyes gleamed beautifully... Wait what? I immediately scolded myself for having such thoughts about Danny. I should be ashamed of myself.

"Skulker," Danny said in a commanding tone. It sounded so sexy.
"Go and prepare some weapons. We are not going to chicken out because of some old King. We will fight."

Skulker nodded then smiling before flying off. Looks like Dipstick would make a great leader, saying things that we ghosts want to hear, build our confidence up, and ---- what the hell am I saying?

------------ An hour later -----------

I gripped my guitar tightly as I watched Danny fought the Ghost King. I tuned my guitar then used full blast. The green fist came out of the guitar and hit the Ghost King. Startled, he fell down on his back.

I smirked. Serves him right for being a jerk. I drowned when he got back up, angrier than before. At least I know how to tick people off.

Danny blasted the Ghost King from behind. Pariah Dark howled in outrage. He then used an powerful ectoblast at Danny. Danny, unable to avoid it, was sent into the ground below. The impact had caused a crater in the ground.

"Skulker!" I shouted." Keep that bastard busy!"

Skulker nodded, looking determined.

I landed gently on the ground next to Danny. He didn't look so good. Ectoplasm was seeping through his jumpsuit, his right leg and arm were in a weird angle, and on top of that, he was breathing irregularly. This wasn't good.