Chapter 10

Ch. 10

Britt's P.O.V

----Recap----

Enzo grabs my hand and he takes me to the dining room. This house is pretty but I would get lost as it's probably the biggest house I have been to in a while. The last big house was half this size and it was just for a fight then I left. But all those thoughts left my head as I stopped and was face-to-face with his parents and brother. I can tell by the looks I was feeling. It scared me to the bone. This is going to be a scary dinner.

----Recap Over----

I get into the dining room and I'm about to sit when Enzo grabs my hand. I turn to look at him and the look on his face was loving and understanding. I don't think I want to tell his family about my secret or not. I nod my head to tell him that I am okay enough to stay for dinner. I take my time as I sit down next to Enzo. I am so nervous that my hands are sweating. I just don't know if his parents know about me or not.

I'm sitting at the table waiting for them starting to get food on their plates or for someone to speak. I can't sit in silence. I know what silence is to me and it never turns out to be a good thing. I just don't know what to say or what to do. I turn to Enzo and he isn't saying anything so I tap his leg under the table. He turns toward me and I have a look of worry in my eyes. I want that look to tell him that I hate silence. I need for someone to start talking or I'm going to leave.

After a few minutes, I am about to get up. I begin to push my chair back and then Enzo puts his hand on my leg to tell me to stay. I just can't do this anymore. I move his hand and walk out of the dining room to go outside. I feel not welcome in the house and just want to go to my gym. I need to be alone. I just can't do this anymore. I walk to my car and just as I was about to open the door a hand came into contact with the door to keep it shut.

I don't even look to see who it was, 'Move your hand or it will be broken in a matter of seconds.'

'I wouldn't do that if I were you.'

I turn and see that it's Enzo's brother, Alessandro, with Enzo in the window looking out to where we are. 'What do you want?'

'I want to know why you are leaving? You didn't stay for dinner like you said you would, plus my family and I want to meet the person that has my brother breaking rules.'

'I didn't choose for him to break the rules. The rules are meant to be broken. I break the rules all the time. But like I said before, move your hand or it will be broken. Now please kindly remove your hand.'

'I will but next time you threaten me or someone of my family, you will regret saying anything.' He said as he removed his hand.

I open the door of my car, turn the key and start the car, and back out as quickly as I can. I look to see Enzo talking with Alessandro. He looked so sad. I hate this but I just can't do silence anymore. It hurts when no one is talking. That dinner was not going to go well in my mind. I feel as if they were going to hate me and not like me more when I tell them that I street fight. I just want to go home and not have to deal with them.

I take the 10-minute drive home, I quickly open the door and run straight to my room. I lay on my bed and do nothing for the rest of the night. I feel empty and feels like no one will want me because I'm a bit broken on the inside. I hate that feeling and it happens to be the only feeling I get at certain points in time.

----Enzo's P.O.V----

I turn toward my brother as I see Britt drive away, 'What did you say to her? I wanted her to be with me. She is the one for me. Did you drive her away? I don't to be in the mafia. I want to be with her don't you understand. I don't want to choose between the two. I will choose her. You become a leader, I don't care.'