Chapter Eight

Assasins and Poison

They had moved into a giant Pyramid. Daenerys giving Donner a room next to hers. There was a large bed in the center of the room along with various furniture items. A balcony opened up to the night sky.

He had spent a majority of his time outside. He much rathered the open sky after many months of living in it.

On the way into Meereen, Donner had found himself drawn to a tavern. He bought an ale that the barkeep specified was from Westeros. He slipped it inside his satchel. As he sat there, he didn't want to drink it as he had planned. Instead, he just looked at it.

Donner glanced at himself in a mirror. His hair was a mess and his skin was dirty. It'd be good to go to his washing chambers.

The water was cold. The coldest thing he had felt in Essos. It felt wonderful, cooling down his skin. Donner had hung his clothes on the end of the tub He cleaned himself with a provided soap bar and washed his hair. It felt wonderful. He sunk into the cold water, closing his eyes.

Donner and Robb had been as thick as thieves at one point in their lives. They wreaked havoc at Winterfell for years. Things changed since then. His father brought Jon into their lives. Sansa and Arya were born. Eventually, Bran and Rickon came into the world. He had a family.

As if she had been gifted with the power of entering rooms at bad times, Daenerys entered the bathing chamber. She paused in the doorway, not knowing how to react to the situation. Her cheeks were flushed. Her eyes found the wound on his shoulder. There was a horrible scar from a blade and something else from fire.

Waiting to use the chambers turned a chair away from the tub and sat down. The noises made Donner jump, opening his eyes. Some of the water splashed out of the tub, "Your Grace. I didn't expect to see you here."

"I felt it was time to bathe." She answered.

Donner quickly got out of the tub and dryer himself off with a towel. He slipped on his leather armor, "I'm just gonna... leave you to it."

"Could you stay?" She asked, "I don't want to be alone."

"Okay, your Grace."

He sat down on the edge of the tub, facing away from her, "It sounds weird when you say that."

"Well, what would you rather? Queen of Dragons. Unburnt. Dany?" He asked.

There was a moment of silence before she spoke, "My brother used to call me Dany."

"I'm sorry. I'll think of something else."

"No, I quite like it when you say it."

He smiled, "Well Dany is a perfect nickname for you."

"Can I talk to you about something?" She asked him, he nodded, "face to face. You've told me some of what hurts you, I feel it's only fair if I tell you." Donner turned around, focusing on only her face, "I'm sure you've heard how I was married off to Khal Drogo so my brother Viserys could get an army to take the Iron Throne."

Donner nodded. He watched as her eyes flicked towards the water, "My brother once told me that he'd let Drogo's entire khalasar rape me."

"That's horrible. I'm sorry that you had to go through something like that."

They spoke for what seemed like ages before Daenerys stepped out, causing Donner to immediately look at the ceiling of the room, "You're a strange man. You know that."

"I view myself as a man who doesn't look at a naked Queen." He smiled, "I am truly a strange man who respects women. Shall I get your towel?"

His eyes fell to the pile of towels that sat neatly folded in the former of the room, "That would be most wonderful. What will you do once I take King's Landing?"