Big Problem

"I just don't get what the big problem is," says Alfred, idly scrolling through his phone, "Now you've got a friend who isn't related to you. And someone to help me drag you out of the house."

He mumbles the last bit under his breath but I still hear him and whip my head around and ceace my pacing.

"You don't see the problem?! Really?! Cause to me it's pretty blatant what the problem is!"

Alfred rolls his eyes and finally puts down his phone, "well maybe you could explain to me the problem of actually having someone to rely on?"

"Okay! Let's start with my horrible social anxiety!"

"he'll help you get out of you shell."

"what about my crippling fear of rejection?! Seems a good enough reason not to talk to him."

"He'll show you that not everyone will reject you."

"And what about when does huh? What about when he finally decides that he want nothing to do with me and I'm a waste of his time?"

"then I'll let you wallow away in your hole of self pity and trust issues, but for now you give him a chance because most people are not assholes who jump at the chance to make others suffer."

I groan inwardly. How could he be so chill about this?!

I flop down beside Alfred on my bed, audibly groaning this time. "How does this come so naturally to you?"

"what, not being a complete anxious acorn?" He looked at me with a raised eyebrow, "It's called having optimism."

I roll my eyes at him, "'s not a very helpful answer."
My phone suddenly buzzes and and I almost feel like crying at Gilbert's shit timing.

He couldn't have done this when Al wasn't here.

I reach to grab my phone off of my bedside table but Alfuck gets there first and reads the text out.

"Hey Mattie! wanna hang on Tuesday? There's this awesome movie that I really wanna watch so I thought I could watch it with you."

Alfred looks at me expectantly, and I know exactly what he's going to say.

"No"

"Matt come on, you need to get out!"

"I left the house on Friday and Sunday, that is plenty of social interaction for one week!"

"OH MY GOD YOU STUBBORN HOE WILL YOU JUST WATCH THE GODDAMN MOVIE WITH THE GUY?!"

"NO"

"TOO BAD, I SENT IT ALREADY!"

"Wait what?" I snatched the phone away from him and looked at the screen.

Sounds great! What time?

I look at my stupid hoolagin of a twin and start to pretend choke him, "YOU ABSOLUTE D U M B A S S."

He laughs, clearly enjoying my suffering, "I'm gonna keep doing this, dude, until you can accept a text from the guy by yourself."

I glare at him, wanting nothing more than to throw my lamp at his face, but I remain calm and instead manage to, very calmly, strangle him.

__________________
*Alfred's pov*

I had mentally copied down that Gilbert guy's number when I was over at Mattie's place. I want to talk to this guy when it's just the two of us, when Matt can't tell me to shut up.

*Alfred is italics*

Hey

It's Matthew's bro, Alfred

Hey!

Ya need something?

Yeah

Look man you're probably a really nice guy and I'm like 90% sure that you don't want to hurt Matt, but I just want to make it clear how much of a delicate flower my brother is

Like

He's been though some shit and the last thing he needs is to finally let someone get close to him only to find out they weren't serious or they didn't care about him or some shit

Dude I would never try to hurt someone like Matthew

He's way too precious for that

And I genuinely do like him

Good because if you break him then I will break you

Promise me one more thing though

What is it?

Try to bring him out a bit?

He needs someone other than me to be there for him

I promise

________________

*dang that was a short chapter, see ya next month though* *lol 696 words*