Gilbert Knows Now

*HEYO! Got our yearbooks on Friday and I swear they get more and more disappointing every year. They didn't even wait till the last day either. Whatever here's a new story with more shit, T/W mention of cutting, Alfred's POV*

I stayed the night at Matthew's House but I didn't sleep. How could I when I was busy worrying over him?

He woke up pretty early considering what had happened the day before.

I was sitting at the island in the middle of his kitchen when he came in.

"Alfred, where's my razor?" he was more jittery than usual. He was bouncing on the balls of his heels, tapping the door frame, just looking impatient in general.

"you don't shave." I said, idly taking a sip of my coffee.

"And how do you know that? Maybe I just never told you because I didn't think it was your business."

"Matthew I know you don't shave. You know how? Because you always tell me how you don't get why people bother shaving. And because you have legitimately no stubble."

He knew I was onto him but he wasn't giving in.

"Well why would I be looking for my razor if I didn't shave?" I could practically see him sweating.

"I don't know Matt, you wanna show me something?" he gulped but still continued to deny it.

"I don't know what you're talking about."

I put down my coffee and made my way over to where he stood at the door, "I saw your wrists Mattie. Why didn't you tell me?"

Matt opened his mouth but no words came out, so I continued.

"I could've helped you, I've done research, I know what to do, I've read up on this kind of stuff but I can't help you if you don't tell me."

At this point we were both holding back tears, so I opened my arms and he leaned into the hug, crying onto my chest.

"Next time you want to cut just tell me okay? I read somewhere that holding ice helps, but if you ever get even the smallest urge you need to come to me so that I can get a tub of ice cream and we can be sad together.

He nodded and and sniffles a bit.

His phone buzzed in his pocket and he pulled away to check it.

"It's Gilbert." he said. He wiped his eyes and handed me his phone. I took it and read the messages.

There were a bunch from yesterday and a few missed calls.

*bold Is Prussia *

Matt are you okay?

Missed call from Gilbert

I'm really sorry I didn't know he would do that

Please answer me I'm really worried

Missed call from Gilbert