Chapter 1

Evan Fong

Beep! Beep! Beep! Beep!

Does whom thou disturb my slumber?

I gazed up, frowning down at the vibrating phone; the first thing I do is grab and throw that shit to the wall, hearing a faint crack. My mom came running in my room with a baseball bat in her hands ready to attack the source of the noise. She scanned the area until her hawk eyes landed on the now cracked phone-hands placed on her hips.

"Evan, how many times do I have to tell you, stop throwing your god damn phone. That's why it always breaks and we have to repair it every time," she informed me, "If you break this one, say bye-bye to social media," she warned me before slamming the bedroom door shut.

"Fuck," I cursed as I force myself up.

Right when I was about to undress, she came back only to throw a towel at my face, "And take a bath! I don't want you going to school smelling like shit," Bam! She slammed the door shut.

I softly sigh and head to the bathroom, ignoring the stacked boxes hidden in the corner of my room.

As I showered, I began to wonder if this was really worth it. Was the whole moving and trying to forget to regain a normal life really worth doing?

Once finished, I head to the kitchen only to see note on the fridge from mom; "Food is in the microwave. I won't be able to take you to your first day of school, so I hope you behave," I mentally read.

I packed everything essential in my bag and head outside with a burnt toast in my mouth. This neighborhood is the kind of places I like: calm, serene, no annoying pe-

BEEP!! BEEP!!

"Move it asshole!"

I glare at the blue 1964 Mustang that contained an obnoxiously annoying man honking his horn.

"Suck my dick bitch!" I yelled back as I showed my middle finger at him. I couldn't tell if he was glaring at me or not, but he did the same thing, however, I quickly ran off.

As I arrive at my horrifying destination, Marvin Ridge High School, earning multiple stares and mumbles, I tried my best to ignore them head inside.

Suddenly, a stupid lad bump into me, attempting to walk past me and ruin my day.

"Hey!"

He simply flipped me off-realizing it was the guy from before-as he kept walking.

How dare he just bump into people just like that! I could easily kick his ass! He is lucky I can mentally hold myself back.

I stuck my tongue at his back and head straight to the main office to ask for my schedule, only to wait for like fifteen minutes after the bell.

Eventually, the lady handed it to me and without a single sound went back to the room she came from.

When I walked into my class, the teacher looks at me with a smile. "Hello! You must be our new transferred student from China," he joyfully greeted me, reaching out his hand for me to shake, but I swear... When he said China I just wanted to rip that fucking tongue out.

I shook his hand. "It's not China sir, it's Canada," I corrected him.

"Oh, my apologies. You can take a seat over there next to Lui," he apologized and then pointed a boy that was on the way back.

I sat next to him and head at the whiteboard.

"Hey, I'm Lui and welcome to this hell hole," he greeted me.