Chapter Two

[Tiffa]

"Well… We expected a new guardian,but we never knew that you're a girl. So… We decided to paint the whole room white instead."

North said with a satisfied smile. I took a step in the room then looked around,smiling. "It's nice. Thanks,North." I sat on the bed. North made a small chuckle. "You're welcome." He turned around,then left.

I smiled slightly. So someone can see me. I spent 301 years all by myself. And I hate it. I want to have a lot of friends… Sigh. As I looked at the white room,and I felt an odd taste. I made a grin,before twisting my staff and sending ashes around the whole room.

It took hours. I smiled in satisfaction as I looked around. Perfect. I just used the ash as paint. I left a bit of white markings so there'll be some design.

I then went to the bed. I placed my staff beside it,leaning against a small drawer. It's gem made a small glow as I pulled the blanket over me. Aish,it feels good to sleep on a bed ! I slept on Burgess Park's benches,sometimes under trees. Welp,that was before anyways.

I was about to sleep when I thought I heard my door squeak open. I blinked,turning. Just to see no one,and the door slightly open.

I sat up,then took a look around. Weird… Tch. Now I kinda regret making the room have black and white stuff.

I heard chuckles. Fear shot through me. Who is that…

"Soon,Summers... Soon."

[Jack]

I sat on the blue bed in my room,doing stuff with my staff. I never really had my own place,unlike Bunny and the others. Well,excluding Tiffa.

Speaking of Tiffa... I have to admit,she looks nice. And it's a good thing that she's a girl. Tooth is the only girl around and it's nice to have another. I have a feeling that she's kind too… But somewhat lonely… Her prescence felt warm. Well,I'm the spirit of winter. She's… I don't know. Maybe summer. And she's the same with me; we both have staffs.

I wonder why the man in the moon chose her. He rarely chooses people to assign as guardians.

I sighed,yawning and putting my staff aside. My eyes are begging for rest… I really should sleep. I placed the blanket on myself. It's not like I'm feeling cold. I just like it's fuzzyness.

"Show yourself !"

I blinked,my eyes meeting the blue ceiling of my room… It's a girls voice… It's Tiffa !

I sat up,taking the blanket off of me. Who's she talking to ? She seemed like she's angry.. That can't be North.

I stood up,taking my staff with me. Then,I grabbed the doorknob,carefully walked outside,then went to her room. Oh,so North gave her a room beside me.. Welp,whatever.

I went over to her door,then carefully opened it. Tiffa was at the edge of her bed,leaning against the frame as she frantically looked around. "Uhm… Tiffa…?"

Tiffa shot me a glance. She eyed me for a while,before sighing in relief. "Oh… It's you… I thought something was going on…" She made a small,warm smile. I gave a smile back,before going inside her room.

"What happened ? I heard you from my room." I leaned against the door,cause the walls are full of black ashes (which she used as paint). The door was the only thing I can lean on.

"Someone said my last name… His voice is creepy,and he has an evil laugh or something… I didn't really see anything,but I think I saw a shadow of some guy with slightly-spiky head and a long robe…"

Long robe… Shadow… Wait,shadow ?!

"What did he say ?" I asked quickly. Tiffa looked confused. "He didn't show himself… But he sounded like he's targetting me or something…"

Oh no. How did he get back ? When ? Tch… The others need to know about this… But I don't think North's still awake. Sigh. Maybe tomorrow won't hurt…

"So… Do you know who it is ?" Tiffa asked. I looked at her,before sighing. "Maybe… But we'll talk about it tomorrow. We'll tell North,okay ?" I made a small smile. Tiffa blinked,before smiling back. "Okay."

"So… Good night,Tiffa." I turned and opened the door,and left after hearing a good night greeting from her. I sighed,holding my staff tightly.

What now…