Chapter Twelve

[Tiffa]

I sighed,sitting on the Bugress park's bench. I'm all by myself again. Snow was falling,but I wasn't cold. I can warm myself up.

I frowned as I watched kids play around the bench I'm sitting on. They even pass through my head everytime one tries to touch another.

I sighed,looking at my staff. Am I going to be alone forever ? Forever unseen ? All by myself ?

Fear rushed in me. Quit it,Summers. Over-thinking affects your powers. Stay calm,don't feel so sad or else the bench you're sitting on will burn to ashes.

The kids ran off after a while. I made a sigh. Damn it… Just,why am I in this state,anyways ?!I can't help but to feel angry… Like,what if someone was waiting for me ? What if… I had parents ? A sister ? A WHOLE FAMILY !

I want to know who they are… And if I really have them.. But how ? I don't have a clue…

"Tiffa !"

It's the echo-ey voice again… I sighed. Jack isn't around. Maybe it won't be bad to check it out.

I took my staff,and flew off. Looking around,I followed the voice. I turned left… And right… Until I ended up in the Burgess woods… Again.

"Tiffa !"

It was from straight ahead. I gripped my staff,then ran forward.

"Tiffa !"

It was louder. Yes ! I'm finally near it ! I smiled,then before I knew it,I found myself in a small ,treeless spot of the woods. There was a broken bedframe in the middle,and a hole in the ground. My eyebrows furrowed. Huh ?

I took a step closer to the bed frame. Step… Step… Step… And then chuckles.

"Oh goodie,look what we have here."

I tensed up,turning around. Shadows seemed to crawl by their own. I gritted my teeth. Don't tell me it's…

"Oh. I see. Something's calling you,right ?"

I got startled when Pitch emerged from the shadows,right in front of me.

"Let me guess… Hmm… Is it this ?" He wore his evil grin,holding a tooth case out. I blinked,looking at it. A picture of a kid version of me with violet eyes was pasted in it. That's… Me ?

"Come on,Tiffania. I know you want it." He grinned,taking a step forward and tossing it to me. I caught it,before looking at him. "What should I give you for this ?" I asked out of nowhere. Tricky,Pitch. Tricky.

"Oh. Nothing. Just a favor." He casually placed his hands behind his back. "I just want you to open it right here. In front of me."

"Really ? That's all ?" I asked. Hell,if that's it,I'd do it ! Pitch nodded with a smile,casually waving his hand,mentioning me to go ahead. "Yes. Open it."

I smiled,then pressed the button. But as I pressed it,Pitch started chuckling. "Oh. And that reminds me.."

My whole body went numb. I dropped my staff,trembling.

"I placed my sand in it. Once you open it," He grinned. "Your memories of being a guardian will leave temporarily,and it'll be replaced by your old ones." He laughed. "In short,you'll be stuck as a human in that tooth case."

"Unless someone connected to your past does the same."

I looked startled,feeling my hand get sucked in. Ah,damnit…

"But tough luck,no one saw what happened to you." Pitch grinned,crossing his arms and caressing his chin with his slender fingers. "You'll be stuck in it forever."

I glared at him,doing my best to fight off the sleepy feeling I'm getting. "Y-you…"

"What ? I did you a favor. You want your past,right ?" He smirked. "Then be it !"

My eyelids slowly dropped. The last thing I saw was Pitch's black robe,his yellow eyes and a wicked smile.

Someone,help me.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[Jack]

Yeesh… What's taking Tiffa so long ? I plan on freezing sea waves with her tonight… But it's already ten in the evening and she's still not around.

"Hey North," I went over to the guy. North blinked,then looked at me. "Ah,yes ?"

"Have you seen Tiffa ?" I asked,placing my staff over my shoulder. It became a habit over time.

He rubbed his bushy beard,before sighing and shaking his head. "Nope. I didn't. She always leave early in the morning." He shrugged. I blinked,before sighing. "Okay… Thanks."

The moon shone brightly all of a sudden. North was about to go back to his office,but he stopped,startled and turning to the moon. "Why ?" His bushy eyebrows furrowed as he looked up at the moon.

"What's he saying ?" I looked at North. But he didn't seem to accept my question at the moment. He suddenly went upstairs,went to the balcony stuff with the yetis,and grabbed a locked button or something. He twisted it,then pushed it down,sending the aurora thing around the world.

Okay,something not good is happening.

And I can feel it.