Chapter Twenty-Four

I HAVEN'T UPDATED FOR LIKE-FIVE MONTHS .-. GAWD. GOMEN. XD

I just felt like no one's reading this, so I stopped. But I suddenly got votes, so...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

[Jamie]

"Jack ! Let's have a snowball fight !"

I ran up to the winter spirit, smiling. He frowned. "...Not now, please..." He mumbled, and turned away, walking off. Huh ? What happened ? Jack never turned me down with these... What's wrong ?

"...Jack ? What's wrong...?" I asked, following him. He made a deep sigh. "Nothing, Jamie. Just play with the others or... Do homework..."

"Do homework ? Jack, you were the one who said homeworks are no fun !" I looked up at my role model, sighing. "Are you okay ? You don't seem so lively !"

"...Fine." Jack mumbled, going to the bench. "...I'll tell you why..."

He pulled out a crystal from his pocket. I gasped, taking it. "Cool... A fire crystal ! Where did you get this ?"

"From my dead best friend."

He said, rather coldly. I blinked. "...Dead ? Who ? Who died..." I asked. So... So that's why he looked so down...

"...A very, very... Nice girl." He turned to me with a sad smile. "No one can see her... No one believes in her... But that aside, she still can smile. Her smile's bright--brighter than the sun itself. Her laugh's more beautiful than a snowflake.."

I made a small sigh. "You love her, don't you ?" He blinked, and chuckled. "Good guess. Three points for Benett." He said as he patted my head. I stared at the fire crystal. It looked nice. It was sparkling, like it was made of orange glitters ! "Tell me more." I looked up at him.

"She's the guardian of summer. I... I don't know her center yet-guess I'll never know-but... She's the best thing ever. Best person. Her name's Tiffania Eeverie Summers, and she controls fire."

"You fell in love with someone with opposite powers as yours ?" I asked. He chuckled, nodding. "Irony, right ?"

"How did she die...? She seemed interesting.." I mumble, making Jack frown. "...Pitch. But... That's okay..." He smiled. "He followed after her two weeks ago. I was so angry, I froze him up into a large ice statue and shattered him !"

"Woah ! Cool !" I stood, and went to the bench, standing on it. Jack looked up. "Careful. That's the only memory of her in this world."

Tiffania... Eeverie Summers... I stared at the crystal. It was so warm. It gave the kind of warmth better than a hot chocolate in a stormy night. Better than getting wrapped in a blanket at a snowy day.

It's just plainly amazing warmth.

"Jack... How did you two meet ?"

"She was my best friend when we both were still humans. She was bullied, stepped on, laughed at. But still, she smiled brightly. And she's hella innocent."

Jack said, his head lowering slightly as a smile spreads in his face.

I looked at him, and turned back to the crystal. Summers...

"...Tiffania Eeverie Summers."

[Jack]

I turned to Jamie, who was staring at the crystal. "...Tiffania Eeverie Summers." He turned to me, smiling. "I bet she's just like you before..."

I smiled sadly. She'd be so happy to hear... Hear a child say her name.

Suddenly, I heard Jamie gasp, and drop the crystal. "H-hot !"

"Jamie !" I watched the crystal fall on the snow. The snow melted in a second. Jamie frowned. "S-sorry, I was-"

The crystal glowed. I stood, going near it. What's happening...

The crystal shattered to pieces, the glow growing brighter. I took a step back, shielding my eyes. Jamie did as well, going to me. "W-what's wrong ?! Did I do something ?!"

I wasn't able to answer. Suddenly, the glow lessened, and I took the chance to look. There was a body figure, glowing. It looked like a girl, long hair that reached her waist... Her details slowly showed. An orange sundress, pale hands, black leggings, orange boots...

Is this...

"Hi, Jackie."

My eyes went wide as I stared at her face. The orange eyes... That sparkling smile. I can feel tears welling up in my eyes. My hands went numb as I forgot everything around, dropping my staff.

"...Tiffa...?"