Chapter Nine

[Jack]

"So Frostie,where do you really plan to bring me ?"

I laughed at her annoyance. At this moment,we both are flying… Towards something nice. "If you shut up,we'd most likely be there in just seconds." I looked behind at her,smirking a bit.

She made a small pout,huffing and looking sideways. That look of her always looked cute… Agh,my mind again. I really hate you Manny for opening that 'like thing' to me.

"What are you lookin' at ?" Tiffa raised an eyebrow. I blinked,before chuckling and turning my head back forward. "Nothing."

And finally,she kept quiet. I can't help but to chuckle. So she really knew how to shut up. Still,she's talkative as hell since the last two weeks. She's counting the days before christmas !

Now,enough with that. I smiled,seeing that frozen lake below. "Okay then. We're here."

"In the middle of the forest ? Really Jack ? Really ?" She said,looking at me. I chuckled at her tune.

"Yep. Here. Follow me." I dragged her downwards. She obediently followed,but not when I was placing her feet on the frozen lake. "Jack,you do know that it'll melt,right ?"

"Oh shut up. I'm here. The spirit of winter is here !" I laughed,stepping on the thin ice of the lake. Tiffa shook her head,keeping her distance.

"Last week you dragged me to a snowball fight and practically I wasn't able to attack and the snow melted inches away from me."

She huffed,crossing her arms. I sighed,then used my staff to drag her foot down. "Wha—" She got cut off when she gently dropped on the thin ice. Shivering,she glared at me. I gave her a smile,then started laughing. "Check if it melted."

She blinked,standing up in a jolt and looking at the ice. She stared at it intently,before sighing in relief. "Well…" She scratched her head,turning to me.

"Wanna go ice skating ?" I grinned widely. Tiffa blinked,before sighing in defeat. "I don't really have another choice so…"

"Nice !" I laughed,skating around. I grabbed her hand in the process,then started skating with her. "S-slow down !" Tiffa held onto my hand tightly,making sure she won't slip. I chuckled a bit,letting my staff meet the thin ice so more frost patterns curl around the frozen lake.

Soon,she was laughing hardly. Happiness and fun was in the tune of her laughs. I can't help but to smile.

"That… Was amazing…" Tiffa laid down on the frozen lake,warming herself with the inner heat she has. I chuckled,leaning against my staff. "Told ya."

Silence. But it wasn't an awkward one. It was a peaceful silence. She smiled staring at the night skies. The moon shone brightly,and the stars were scattered around like glitters. I laid down beside her,placing my staff beside me. Then,I went on the stargazing trip with her.

"Hey Jack… I have a question.." Tiffa sighed,closing her eyes. I blinked,turning to her. "And that's…?"

"You already have your memories,right ?"

"Well… Yeah.."

"When you were young,did you believe that once we die,we turn to stars ?"

She asked,raising her hand and pointing upwards. I paused for a while,before following her hand and staring at the skies. "Stars…?"

"Yes." She smiled. "When I felt I'm almost near my 60th year as an invisible spirit,I thought I'm close to dying. So I readied myself to become a star after dying… I don't know where that thought came from though."

Stars… I stared at the moon for a while. I felt like it's real. Not all people turn to guardians after dying. "So,you think we turn to stars after we die ?" Tiffa turned to me,opening her eyer. I looked back at her,before shrugging. "Maybe…"

She giggled a bit,sitting up. "I now don't think of that alone then." She smiled,holding a hand out. I took her hand and pulled myself up,chuckling a bit. "If one of us dies first,we should say hi through Manny everyday."

"Manny ?"

"Man in moon." I answered,taking my staff. She blinked,before nodding a bit.

I took a one last stare at the beautiful night sky. But then… It was disturbed. By colors. "What's that…" Tiffa pointed at the dancing colors. I turned my head to where it might've came from,and saw the way to North Pole. I gritted my teeth,taking her hand. "North needs us… He uses this to call the guardians for a meeting."

"Let's go then !" Tiffa held her staff and flew off. I flew ahead of her,guiding our way to North's workshop.

And hell,it was full of nightmares and shadows…