Chapter Five

[Tiffa]

"Behind you !"

Jack warned,making me use my staff as a blade and swipe it in half as I turned around. It then dissolved into black sand. I panted a bit,glaring up at Pitch.

"Mhmmm~ Oh,it's fun to see this happening. It seemed familiar… Deja vu, I guess ?" He laughed in his evil manner. Jack sent ice at him. "Shut up !" He growled. Pitch blinked,before pulling his nightmare to dodge.

I was too concentrated around me. There were a lot of nightmares… I feel like I'm getting nervous.. No,I can't. They'll increase if I do !

They were inches away from me now. I'm right in the middle. Growling,I let my anger out and slam the tip of my staff to the ground. Fire flashed and flared wildly from the ground. I twirled the staff from above me,then the fire quickly crawled around like a wildfire and took the nightmares down. Smoke started covering my place.

"Tiffa,lessen the fire ! Too much heat may bring the palace down !" North yelled,making me collect myself and extinguish the fire.

Pitch laughed,sending a crowd of nightmares at Jack. "You see,it's too late now." He motioned to the globe. I turned,seeing the little lights in the continents flickering. Tooth gasped,frowning in worry. "The children…"

The colors of the palace slowly faded. Cracks slowly seeped their way through the concrete wals. Then from smallest to biggest,everything started to crumble down.

Pitch chuckled,taking my attention. "You !" I growled,flying off and following him as he tried to flee. Jack warned me and yelled at me to get back… But I didn't listen to him.

Pitch sent shadows at me. I growled,dodging all of them and sending fire at her. Pitch yelped as it met his body,glaring at me. "Why do you stick around with those guardians, anyways ?"

"They are my friends now ! And you stole Tooth's stuff so I see you nothing more than an enemy."

I landed on the stony part of the lake in the palace. Pitch was inches away from the ground,holding the rods to control his horse as he looked down at me with a laugh. "Eleven months ago,Jack was the same as you. But the thing is,when he took his memories from me,he destroyed Easter,"

I remember that day... I was watching the children try to find eggs. Even that boy tried to climb up the roof of their house just to get one.. It was an upsetting day.

"And after he rejected my offer of coming with me,I broke his staff and pushed him to a deep,cliff-like part of that mountain. Too bad,because his ice re-created it again." Pitch sighed in satisfaction,before grinning at me. "Dear,I won't do the same mistake again." He smirked as I speechlessly watched him disappear through the shadows.

"But I think I'll do the same thing I did to you."

[Jack]

"Tiffa !"

Fierce. I can't forget about how she set those nightmares into fire. Maybe she's really angry.

Tiffa didn't turn around. She has her fists clenched. Where's Pitch ? Tch. Maybe he fleed already…

I placed my feet right beside her. Tooth and the others were close behind,but she was wearing a frown. Of course,it's her palace.

"Did he flew off again ?" Tooth looked at Tiffa. She sighed,before nodding. "I'm sorry…"

"No,don't be. Pitch is good at hiding." Tooth smiled a bit. Tiffa looked at him,then smiled back. North rubbed his long,white beard,seeming to think. "He's doing the same like before…" He sighed. Bunny placed his boomerangs in their places on his back,crossing his paws. (lol)

"And I noticed,he was ignoring Jack. He's into you,mate." Bunny looked at Tiffa. She blinked,looking confused. "Why me ?"

"I don't want to be rude,but your power can cause a lot of destruction. And Pitch likes it. He's taking chances of your anger and invisibility so you'd go with him." Tooth said with a sigh.

"Hah ! Me ? With him ?  Trust me,I would never ever do that !" Tiffa crossed her arms. I slightly smiled. For an innocent girl,she's brave.

I turned my head to the palace. Its colors really faded away. And the painting at the stony lake of Tooth and her fairies. "Uh… Guys…" I stepped on the lake. It suddenly turned to ice of course. "The kids…"

"Oh no…" Tooth looked down as some of her feathers fall. Sandy smiled,and symbols started forming on his head. First,a tooth,then us (including Tiffa),and the world globe.

Everyone furrowed their eyebrows. "What is he saying ?" Tiffa looked at me. I shrugged of course. Sandy made a muted huff,sand blowing out of his ears as if he looked angry. North blinked,before laughing. "Ah. I get it. Maybe he's suggesting us to collect the teeth again."

Sandy nodded,smiling. Tooth sighed. "Don't start a race. Last time you forgot to put quarters…" She crossed her arms. Tiffa made a stiffled laugh. "I was watching that time. It was funny I had to fly off before laughing.."

Really ? She was ? I chuckled a bit.

"Anyways,we don't have much time. We have to get those little lights sparkling again !" North chuckled,then his sleigh was brought to our place with his reindeers. Everyone sat in,and Bunny looked like he's riding a death train. I can't help but to laugh at how he looks. "You look like riding this is the end of the world,Bunny."

He turned and glared at me. "Shut up,you little show pony." He said in his australian accent,then looked back forward.

I chuckled again. Tiffa made a small laugh. "Why is he afraid of North's sleigh ?"

"Speed. And the height." I chuckled a bit,creating a snowflake and playing it around my hand. Tiffa smiled,then tried to touch it. But when her hand was still centimeters away,it melted and turned to water droplets. She blinked,before sighing. "Sorry.."

"It's okay." I smiled,looking at her. She was looking at the other way,staring at the skies beside us as North flew higher. I noticed more details about her. I admit,she looks nice. Her bright orange hair suits her eyes. And the amazing thing is,her eyes had a small pop of fire in them. And if I remember,they were flaring in anger when she burnt the nightmares down.

She is wearing a short sundress. It was orange,and the tips of the dress had black linings. It only reached above her knees,and I think she partnered it with black leggings because she's flying. She was also wearing boots. Orange boots to be exact.

I looked back at her eyes. They seemed to hold… Nothing. At first,you'll be amazed by the fire it has. But it was really dull. I can't really blame her,I know how it feels to be alone for 300 years. With no one to talk to,no one to see you whatever you do. And lastly,not knowing how you ended up in that state. With your memories erased with an unknown reason.

I sighed,then looked away from her. I stared at the clouds also,having one thought in mind.

I'll help her out.. I'll help her find out.