Cramps //Akaashi

It was the third last day of the training camp with Karasuno and the other schools. Everything was going swell until....

I woke up in the worst way ever. Cramps. Yup, today is the day when Satan decided that he would visit me with his bloody sacrificial waterfall. Whoopie.

It was still 2 in the morning. I somehow managed to pull myself out of bed, changed the sheets, showered and cleaned myself up, all without waking up a single soul. 'Y/n, you are just so talented', I praised myself.

And as soon as that thought left my brain, the most horrible feeling hit my abdomen like a ton of bricks equipped with hot knives and chilli peppers. I don't know what sin I have committed in my past life but whatever I did, it seemed to have angered the heavens and now the poor me was gifted with the most painful cramps known to humanity..at least that's what I'd like to think. My doctor told me that taking Advil would make it better.

No, I'm not so stupid that I left my pills at home. But I am so stupid that I left it in the downstairs common room which is equivalent as leaving it at home. Getting it would mean I would have to somehow walk downstairs, get past the hall where the boys were staying without waking anyone up and open the cabinet, which in my state is like conquering the world.

'Well, a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do'

- 10 minutes later -

" Holy mother of God's first wife's sister's husband's mother-in-law's grandfather's second nephew's seventh aunt's third cousin. That was almost as hard as confessing to Akaashi...but I wouldn't know, I haven't done that yet." I muttered to myself as I leaned against the railings of the staircase trying to let the pain settle a bit before making my way down the hall. Little did I nor any of the sleeping souls know, a certain setter had trouble falling asleep that same night...

I almost made it to the end of the hall before another wave of pain hit me. This time, it was so bad that I let out a small whimper before crouching down near the wall, hugging my tummy. I stayed in that position for a few moments before I heard a door open quietly behind me.

"Y/n-san? What are you doing?"

I mustered up all the energy I got from the chips I ate today and willed my head to turn and look at the speaker. Akaashi was staring at me with a slight tilt of his head. 'Oh no. Did I wake him?' I panicked.

"I was awake. It's alright." I internally sighed in relief before I realized something.

'Did he just read my thoughts?'

"No I didn't"

'He can read minds??'

"I cannot read minds Y/n-san"

'Akaashi is a mind rea-'

"I assure you I am not a mind reader"

We stood staring at each other for what felt like forever. That was until Akaashi broke the silence.

"Why are you up so early?" He questioned as he started walking towards me. When he reached me, he crouched down to my level. Staring at my form, I could see the concern and question in his eyes. 'What should I say without sounding weird? "Hey Akaashi! So I am kind of being attacked down there with knives and fire and Satan is holding a sacrificial ritual in my stomach and I'll probably die of blood loss in a week but that's not a problem. How's your day going?" Haha ya, no.' So instead, I say...

" I'm sorry to bother you but do you mind if you get the Advil that's on the first cabinet in the common room? My stomach's not feeling very well right now."

Akaashi's eyes quickly scanned me over before muttering a quiet "alright" and getting up from his crouched position and disappearing into the common room. A few moments later, he came back with the small box of pills and handed them to me.

"Thank you so much. I'll stop bothering you now, have a good night." I got up from the comfortable wooden floor, and turned to leave. I didn't make it very far before slouching over and wincing from the pain. Akaashi silently came up from behind me and gently grabbed my arm.

"Are you alright, Y/n-san? Was it something you ate?"

"Probably..." Oh how I wish it was because of the chips I ate today.

Slowly, I regained my composure and started making my way to the staircase. My heart was pounding, not from the pain, but from the watchful eyes that burned into the side of my face. Akaashi couldn't hide the worry and concern from his eyes for the girl who managed to drill a path into his heart within the short few days they've spent together.

Akaashi rested his hands on my back while slowly boosting me up the stairs and when we reached the top, his hands lingered there for a few moments before letting them fall down to his sides. He walked a few inches behind me as we made our way to the room I was sharing with Kiyoko-san and Yachi. Akaashi left once he heard me making my way to my bed. After all, he didn't want to intrude into the girl's room and their privacy.

I was about to put a pill in my mouth before I remembered something. 'Godammit! I forgot my water.' I was about to open the door again before I heard a soft knock. I opened up the door to make a small gap and I saw Akaashi standing there with a glass of water, pocky and a hot towel.

"I don't recommend you swallowing pills dry. And here's something for you to eat if you're hungry. The towel should help the pain a little bit."

He handed the 3 items to me before closing the door and silently making his way back down the stairs.

I stayed in my spot, unmoving. Excluding the water, the pocky and the warm towel is what my brother always gives me whenever I'm on my period. He knew I get cravings and pocky was my favourite. He would always provide me with one of his t-shirts or towels that's been soaked in boiling water. I smiled to myself as I made my way back to bed.

'Does he know?'