Nightmares (Sakusa x reader)

Can u do a scenario with sakusa having a nightmare and wanting comfort from s/o ?

(A/N) I apologize if Sakusa is out of character in any way. His character is still really foreign to me but I will try my best to portray his character as accurately as I can!

~~~

Sakusa always thought nightmares were such fickle things. Being a realist and all, he simply didn't get what's so bad about them. That is, until one night, when he was staying overnight for a volleyball training camp, where he finally understood the goosebumps and the chills that these night terrors bring.

You were a second year at Itachiyama Academy, a school strongly known for their almost invincible volleyball club, the club which you are the manager of. You were never a huge sports person, until you met the love of your life, Sakusa Kiyoomi. After following him to his practices and attending his games, you were entranced by how graceful yet ferocious he was on the court. Long before you even realized, you were handing in your application to become the manager for the club.

You were attending the training camp with your volleyball team alongside many other powerhouse schools in the area, including Fukurodani, Nekoma, and Nohebi. With there being a few other girls, you guys were given a separate room at the inn. Not that you minded, but you would miss the warmth and the feeling of Kiyo's minty breath fanning your neck as you slept.

It was around midnight. The entire building was dead silent. Soft snores could be heard coming from the guys room alongside the occasional shuffle of someone shifting in their sleep. You were in the middle of falling asleep when you heard the door to your room slowly open. You immediately grabbed your phone and turned on the flashlight, shining it on the face of the intruder. Fortunately for the other sleeping souls, you recognized the figure before you could scream.

There stood your germaphobic boyfriend in all his sleepy glory. He immediately invited himself in and shuffled towards your mat. He plopped himself down beside you and reached towards you, hooking an arm around your waist and sitting you in his lap, burrowing his face into your shoulder. Even in the dark, you could feel his shallow, quick breaths and his occasional shivers. You could see the slight shine on his forehead from the streetlight. The two of you stayed quiet, you knowing that he will speak when he was ready.

"Did I wake you?" He spoke after a few moments, his voice surprisingly not laced with his usual blunt tone.

You shook your head, muttering a no before asking him what brought him to your room.

"I had a stupid dream."

You slightly pulled back, looking into his eyes. "What was it about?" You asked him quietly, obviously concerned as to what about the dream made him look so shaken. Sakusa kept quiet yet you can see him try to form a sentence in his head. Finally, he spoke.

"You said I was rude and didn't care about your feelings enough. Said I was too blunt and that you were sick of it. You left me."

His voice was strong and stable, yet you could pick up a sense of insecurity laced in his tone that shouldn't be there. It took you a while to process what he just said and once you did, you felt your eyes slowly widen as you try to form words that just wouldn't come out. Seeing that you weren't gonna say anything, Sakusa slightly lowered his head, his eyes cast downwards as a shadow crossed his face. And in the softest voice that you've ever heard from him, he spoke.

"It's not true is it?"

You felt your heart break seeing this. Sakusa was supposed to be strong, the strongest. Yet here he was, feeling his doubts drag him down just because of a bad dream. You took his large, warm hands in both of yours. Looking directly into his eyes and keeping your voice as strong and convincing as possible, the words that you were searching for flowed out.

"Of course it's not true! I love you Kiyo, and don't you doubt that for even a second. I love you because of who you are. I love you because you're blunt. I love your germaphobic antics. And you should know that I don't date people to fool around. I would never ever leave you, not even if you threaten me. It was a simple dream. A horrible dream but a dream non the less. Believe me."

Sakusa was in shock. He's never heard you say so many things at once, considering that you are quite the introvert. He didn't doubt your feelings for him, not even a little. He doubted himself. But seeing the expression on your face, he knew then that he was good enough. At least good enough for you. He felt the corners of his lips twitch up as he slowly leaned towards, placing a small kiss on the corner of your mouth. You felt your cheeks warm up, not used to him being so cute.

"Do you wanna go sleep on the couch in the lounge?" You suggested, knowing very well that  neither one of you are able to let go of each other yet. With a swift nod of agreement, the two of you grabbed a blanket and quietly got up and left the room you shared with the other managers.

Sakusa lies down on the couch with you laying on top of him. He drapes the blanket over the two of you. The night was quiet, as you can hear his heart beat steadily in his chest. Coincidence or not, it was completely in sync with yours. You feel your eyes start drooping as you take in the musky scent of your boyfriend. Before long, the two of you drifted into a deep sleep rid of nightmares.

The morning after

Sakusa woke up early the next morning. As he was about to get up for a glass of water, he felt something or someone laying on top of him. Seeing you sleeping so soundly, he slowly lied back down, not having the heart to wake you up.

It wasn't long before the captains of Fukurōdani and Nekoma came down the stairs. The moment they see you and Sakusa lying on the couch, they immediately made their way towards you two.

Sakusa immediately narrowed his eyes and shot them a glare when he saw the two troublemakers coming his way. Holding you closer to him, he warned the duo. "If either one of you take one more step this way..." Either not heading his threat or just not caring, the two continues to advance, Bokuto making sure he picks up a sharpie on his way. Bokuto's plan on sabotaging Sakusa's face was stopped abruptly when the three see you move slightly before opening your eyes, getting up and off of Sakusa. The four of you stared at each other before Kuroo hit the back of his bro's head, reminding Bokuto to hide the marker behind his back. Kuroo, rubbing the back of his neck decided to greet you.

"Good morning Y/n-"

There was a shift in the air. Soundlessly, Sakusa lifted himself up from the couch and started making his way over to the petrified captains. You could see his eye twitch from here. Before the word 'run' was even out of his mouth, the two dashed away and scrambled up the stairs.

You made your way over to your boyfriend, kissing him on the lips before uttering a 'good morning'. Sakusa felt his heart soar, not understanding how someone could be so adorable as he let you drag him to the dining hall for breakfast.

He knew. He knew that last night was the best sleep he's had in years.