Furgirl

Marinette pushes open the large door of the warehouse.  today is her first fashion show. nerves are raging through her body, she walks into the enormous space. on a chair by the coatrack she sees a girl in a silver dress with purple dots.  she is wearing shiny leggings and bright pink all stars.  her black hair hangs loosely over her shoulders and on her head is a black alpine hat with colored sequins. camille!  She's relieved, she rushes towards her.  "Cool hat!"  marinette calls.  "do you think? I received it last year after the show of sonia rykiel."
camille stands up and gives marinette three kisses.

"what are we all going to do today?"  marinette asks.  "well, we are not going to do anything. wait a bit in your chair. in an hour someone will come to us to fit through the clothes and do your hair and make up. then you walk around with large rollers in your hair for the rest of the day. and we are going to practice for the catwalk. "
marinette feels nervous again. "is it difficult? I have never walked a show before "
" no, just walk quietly, straighten your back, arms still and above all don't laugh! the trick is to resemble a dead mouse as much as possible. " Camille laughs.

2 hours later, marinette is in a room full of clothing racks and rows of heels. there are pictures of all models with the outfits for the show on the wall. while she is looking at the sketches, a lady is fiddling with her hair and someone else is putting different heels on her feet. A mint green balloon dress and an azure blue catsuit are hanging on a rack before her. "Are those for me?" Marinette Asks carefully. "No questions please" the woman yells. "Honey, what shoe size do you have" a man asks. "37" marinette awnsers. "Mhhh, i only have these shoes in size 39 so we Will just put some toilet paper in there" the man grabs a pair of purple heels and lays them before her feet. The woman snaps her fingers. "We are trying on the catsuit. please take of your bra" Marinette takes of her bra. She carefully slips the satin fabric on her body. "I have to tape your boobs up or you will look flat in that dress. Stay still, I'm getting the coat" she puts the needle cushion in marinette's hand.

The woman came back after a few minute's. In her hand she's holding the ugliest coat ever. Then Marinette sees what the coat is made from. "But that is...."
"Gorgeous, isn't it? It's the masterpiece of the show. this could be your break trough!"
"I don't wear fur" Marinette says stubborn. "I'm not wearing that coat" the woman sighs irritated. "Should I remind you that you are new in this industries? And that you get paid do what your told? Go, stop complaining and wear the dam coat" marinette carefully touches the fur. Gross, feels just like tikki. "Don't be so
un-professional" the woman opens the jacket. Marinette takes a step back. "There are a lot of model, give the coat to one of them" marinette says.
"Mika wants you to wear it" she takes marinette's arm and puts the coat on her. She smells the jacket, gross. She thinks of tikki. "Am I done? I have to pee"

Marinette stares at her reflection. How could she wear a fur coat? She took a deep breath. This I what I wanted right? Become a model. Then the door opens. "Hey Camille" marinette mutters. "How are you? You look pale" Camille says. "Scared?"
"Something like that"
"I heard you get to close the show. That's a great honor. They are very pleased with you" marinette gives a small smile. "Did you ever have to do something you didn't want too?" "You mean cutting your hair, getting up early and listening to irritating people? It's my job. But what I do most is enjoy. Because it will never happen again." Marinette looks at the bathroom floor. Cutting her hair wouldn't be a problem. But wearing cat fur? Then she starts to thinks of adrien. He thought modeling wasn't her thing, because she would have to do weird things. Does he mean this? Then she gets an idea. "Camille, I'll be back in a few I have to get something from the store." She takes her jacket and looks for her keys. 'You aren't leaving, right?" Camille asks. "I have to do something."

Marinette Is scared. A woman is taking the rollers out her hair, and the make up artist puts on some extra lip gloss on her lips. Mika looks at marinette. "Fabulous, beautiful, superstar, sexy! You look amazing!" She gives her an air kiss and walks to the next model. Marinette feels the cat hair from the coat in her neck. The lights go out and hard music starts to play. The models walk on too the cat walk. "Think sixties, sex, Andy Warhol, make love not war!" Mika shouts and pushes marinette on too the cat walk. Stif from the nerves she places her first step. On both sides are rows of people. The camera's are blinding and the lamps are hot. She strikes her first pose. She takes a deep breath. She thinks of tikki and adrien and lets her hand slide into her pocket. She takes out a can of spray paint and makes a big cross on the coat. She hears a woman scream. The whole crowd begins to yell. Marinette makes one last pose and walks of the cat walk. Before she is completely of the cat walk she takes of the coat and trows it away. She couldn't hold her laughter.

After the show Marinette runs to her clothing. She hears a scream coming from Mika. A few models are looking at her. She takes of the catsuit and puts her clothes back on. She sees Camille standing at the Front desk. "Come we will take the back door." Camille puts her arm around marinette and takes her through a hall. "You are so cool, I have hated those fur coats for years. But I wouldn't dare too do that." She opens her camera. "I have to capture this moment" marinette smiles for the camera. "I'm not as tuff as I look. I've been in love with this guy from my class, but I'm to scared too tell him."
"But that is kinda scary, I know a lot about that. But you should tell him. Boys are super shy wen it comes to love. And what makes it worse for them is when the girl they like are pretty and smart, like us. You have to help them a little"
"I have been writing him letter for the past few weeks. I hide them under a planter. He responses to them but he doesn't know it's me." Marinette walks towards her bike. "Really, that is so romantic! You should go to him!"
"I can't do that! But we do have prom tonight, maybe I should say something to him"
"No guts, no glory"
"What?" Marinette asks.
"Sometimes you just have to do it, if you can paint a coat red you can definitely tell him how you feel" Camille laughs.
Marinette feels her stomach turn. A love declaration is wayyy scarier.
She hears her phone beep. Her agency already called 12 times, They must be furious after what happened. Her eyes fall on a rack with cards. She looks at Camille. "Camille, can you do something for me? Can you put a card in the mailbox from adrien?"
"Of course"

Dear adrien!
I melted from your list,
you made me blush (again)
You're so nice!
Maybe I'm who you think I am.
Tonight 20.30 on the dance floor, at the dj table
See you soon...
Xoxox
Minou

———————————————————————
woop, finally after months (oops)
Here ya go. Only two chapters left to go :(
- meike 🐱🐞

(1349)