2

Tani POV

"Okay guys take out your poetry projects. Time for your presentations!" Mr. Wiley said smiling. Everyone took out their poetry papers and waited for further instructions. Me? Oh I was counting out of order to try to stop my upcoming panic attack.

"Okay I'm picking randomly. Miss Myers you are first" Renee rolled her eyes and walked up to the front. She saw a girl at the front and bit her lip.

"Excuse me ma." She says smoothly gripping the girls hips and sliding her softly too the side. She took out her paper and cleared her throat.

"Ight look," she started.

"Bad bitches. I love em all. Skinny, Fat, short and tall but I can't be with a ugly hoe mane HELL NAH. Long hair, short hair. I don't care. Either way babygirl legs gon end up in the air. If you gotta problem, my gang with the shit. No matter what I'm gon end up taking ya bitch." She said smirking and throwing up gang signs while all the girls in the class went wild.

"Miss Myers.....I always expect the same of you." My teacher said shaking his head.

"Well of course. I ain't never gon change." She said dapping up her friends.

"I'm aware. Tani! My A+ student. Step right up." He said smiling warmly. I began to tear up and he started comforting me.

"Man she a lil punk anyway! Let her ugly ass fail." Mya, Renee's best friend yelled out. I stood up and cleared my throat.

"People think pain is depression and oppression. They think pain is the sorrow and not knowing if you're strong enough to see tomorrow. Yes these hurt but that isn't the only true pain. The real pain is the mask. You know....the mask you put on everytime someone ask if you're okay or if you're having a good day. The mask you put on when you know they're lying to your face but you act dumb so you could feel their embrace. The mask you put on when you're being neglected. The mask you put on while you're being rejected. The mask you put on when you're being abused and feeling misused. The mask you put on when you get verbally attacked and your soul slowly turns black. Nobody sees that you're silently crying. Nobody notices you're slowly dying. Nobody cheers you on for the fact you're still trying."

I immediately sat down and put my head down. I was waiting to be ridiculed. And of course I was right. Everyone in the class laughed and made rude comments.

Mr Wiley gave all the students detentions even thought that didn't stop them. I look over and saw Renee not laughing. She was just staring at me. The bell rung and I started to pack my things.

Renee picked up my binder and handed it to me not even looking at me. I smiled softly and took it out her hands.

"I fucked with it." She said lowly then walked away. I just sat for a second smiling to myself.

"You're still in love with her?" Me Wiley asked.

"I always will love her."

He nodded his head and went back to his desk. I walked in the gym locker room and taking my clothes out of my locker.

"Here comes this bitch" I heard females mutter under their breath. I don't change with the others girl for two reasons. Once in my sophomore year we were showering after class and someone poured bleach in my face wash. Yea...I still can't see out of my right eye.

Another reason is Because Mya and three members of her gang come and touch me. Renee probably knows about it. Why would she care about me anyway?

I opened the closet door and before I could turn on the light I was pushed in. I looked to see Mya, Krys, Amber and Reese.

"Wasgud. How you doing?" Mya said calmly then busted out laughing. She began pulling down her boxers and taking out her strap. I began to cry holding my hands out infront of me trying to tell them don't.

"Grab her" Mya said simply. Amber held my two arms while Krys and Reese held open my legs. I felt the familiar tearing pain and my tears started to fall. Usually she'll stop if I'm crying too loud or I'm begging her to stop too much. Sometimes she'll just keep doing it to see me hurt more.

"Shut up! You wouldn't want us to get caught right?" Mya whispered in my ear. I tried to push her off again but she punched me in my groin. After she was satisfied, her and her friends beat me then left.

awe poor Tani😞😞😞

And I wrote both poems. Let's applaud my brain

My brain: thank you thank you very much☺️

Anyway y'all feeling the story????

Any comments?????