|04|

Torint

My head throbs insistently, reminding me of the crash landing that took my world by storm.

Right before I got to this cursed planet, the pod's computer informed me that landing controls were also down and we would be falling through the atmosphere.

I groan, trying to move and failing, my body was sore in every place imaginable. The ship beeps and beeps around me, and I growl.

"Shut up!" I insist, getting up off the floor once again. It seemed like seatbelts were important after all. I would have to remember that for next time.

"Arrived at destination. Earth."

"Run diagnostics." I say to the computer, checking my wound to see that it's bleeding once again, I grab the can of wound spray only to find it empty. I only had one can and I used it all on one wound. This was only getter better and better.

"Damages attained, 63 systems down."

"Are communications online?"

"Communications online."

"Send a distress signal to Rytaria."

"Distress signal sent."

I take this time to glance out the window that is completely shattered, and look at the planet I've landed myself on. My eyes scan the surroundings, seeing large trees through the smoke coming from the ship.

It seems I've landed in a forest of some kind, on most planets forests are dangerous. Creatures of all shapes and sizes could be right outside, ready to strike and kill me any chance they get.

"Scan area for threats." I say, standing up and taking my backup blaster off of my belt, making sure there are enough cartridges inside to protect me.

"No threats detected."

I'm momentarily stunned at that. No threats? How could there be no threats? Forests were known to be dangerous. Maybe the planet was empty, maybe the air was toxic and couldn't support life.

I knew there was water here, I could see that well from my window. The planet seemed to have just as much water as mine.

"Scan for intelligent life." I say finally.

"Intelligent life found. Species: human. One human detected in immediate area."

Human? What was a human? I had never heard of such a thing.

"Threat level?" I ask, leaning forward on the smoking consol.

"Threat level: 1"

I chuckle. Threat level 1? That was nothing. Anything under a threat level 20 was easy, but a 1? No problem.

"How close by is this human?" My curiosity is raised a bit. It was always interesting discovering new species, but I knew I had to be careful, I clenched the blaster tightly in my hand, ready for a fight.