|10|

Torint

     "Wow, you really like to follow me around, huh?" I'm startled by the pretty voice in front of me. I have been paying too much attention to our surrounding.

     Posy has her hands on her full, round hips, hips that are absolutely mouthwatering. My little human has noticed me keeping watch over her after all.

     I hope she understands why I must follow her everywhere she goes. I have been with Posy many nights on this strange planet, and every day I wake early to watch over her.

     Sometimes when I look down at how delicate she is, anxiety flares in my chest. I must be by her side at all times to make sure she is safe.

      When I think of losing her I cannot breathe.

     Since I do not answer the female, she goes back to washing the clothing in the cool stream. The water is not completely fresh, at least that's what Posy tells me. We have to boil it to kill the "germs" before we drink it. I do not know what this means, but if it is safer than it is alright with me.

     She scrubs the cloth in the water carefully, humming a tune that is pleasing to my ears.

     My Posy has made me many pieces of clothing by hand, using materials she already owned. She also fixed the hole in my uniform where I had been shot. In fact, the wound that I had is already healed thanks to her nursing skills.

     Not to mention that the small female cooks for me everyday. Although I want to be the one to care and provide for her, she is the one taking care of me. It hurts my pride a little.

     When I bring her to my home planet, I will be the one to provide for her. Everything she will have will be from my hand. That is only if she allows me to be her mate. I try not to become sad at the thought. I wish her to be my mate more than anything.

     The day is long, and it is not even middle meal yet. Posy has many chores that she accomplishes through the time. The large sun beats down on us, and I wipe the sweat from my face. I do not know how the female has survived as long as she has on this sweltering planet!

     I cannot wait to bring her to Rytaria. It is always warm with a nice, cool breeze. And the air does not feel so wet where I was raised. Earth is a strange place.

     After many hours of labor, chopping wood, collecting food, feeding chickens, Posy goes inside calling that it is "Lunch" time. I rejoice, knowing this means she will be making food. Her food is always the best. Better than anything I've eaten before.

     As soon as we're inside, Posy starts making sandwiches. It is a food that she makes almost everyday for middle meal. It is very good, and is unlike anything we have on Rytaria. She also makes a yellow drink from the fruits she grows on her trees. She calls it lemonade.

     That, however, is not my favorite. Lemonde is very sweet and very sour all at once. I do not know why she makes it, but I drink it without complaint.

     We gather our meal and sit on the porch in large wooden chairs. Posy wastes no time in taking a big bite of her sandwich.

     I admire her from where I sit. She is so tiny and cute, and beautiful. She is the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. I've seen pictures of females in books during my schooling as a child, and none of them compared to Posy's beauty.

     She is curvy and small, with long golden hair. It seems I cannot take my eyes from her.

     And though she is the only human I have seen, I doubt any other human female can be as attractive as she is, or as caring and kind.

     "I won't lie. It's nice to have some company. I've been very lonely for awhile now." She sighs before taking a long drink of her lemonade. "My Dad, he uh... abandoned my Mom and I after the war. I guess he just couldn't take the responsibility. There are few men left on the planet anyway. Guess he thought he was more valuable somewhere else." She shrugs. Not seeming to care much.

     It sounds to me like she is talking about her Pa left her and her Mama. The idea of it sends me into an angry stir. I try not to let it show. I don't want to make my human upset.

     I cannot stand the thought of a younger Posy being left without a male to care for her Mama and her. How could a male leave his mate and young?

     What is wrong with humans?

     "My Mom died a few months ago, but I've been alone for longer. She wasn't quite there, you know? Just an empty shell. She didn't talk, didn't move much. She laid in bed all day, just looking at the wall. One day I found her dead, and that was it." Posy whispers, a tear running down her face.

     Panic suddenly surges inside of me, and I lean forward to stroke her cheek gently. I hate that she is so upset. It makes me feel helpless. When she is unhappy, I am unhappy.

     She sighs, giving me a small smile.

     "I've been by myself for so long. I wasn't close to my parents, not at all. I wasn't sad because of their absence, but because I was alone. I've been so lonely. Until you." She murmurs, scooting closer to me. I'm shocked at the forwardness of the motion.

     Posy is a actually approaching me. It is the first time.

     I try to breathe calmly. Do not get too excited, Torint, I tell myself.

     Her words sadden me. I cannot imagine how hard it must have been for my poor little female. I slowly touch a finger to her hair, trying not to scare her. She smiles at me, and when she smiles I feel like I am the strongest male there ever was.

     "I don't want you to leave, Tornint. I know I can't understand you, and you must think I'm a silly girl. That's what my Dad always said. But, I want you to stay here, with me. And if you leave, I'll go with you. I... I like you a lot." Posy confides in me, a shy smile on her face. "I could use a big lug like you around."

     I'm shocked at what she tells me.

     She wants me. She wants me to be with her, does that mean she wants me as her mate? That must be what she meant. I still, sending a prayer to the gods for such a blessing, such a gift.

     "I will be the best mate I can be to you, Posy. Even if that is not what you want right now, I vow I will stay with you, and when the time is right I will convince you to bind yourself to me." I say in low, reverent words.

     My sweet human mate gives me a confused look.

     "I will provide for you, and protect you. You will always have a place by my side. You will never be alone again, my Posy."

     She shakes her head covered in light hair, a smile on her pretty lips. She snuggles closer to me. When she rests her head on my shoulder, I nearly come undone.

     "Man, I wish I could understand what you're saying."

     "One day, my sweet. One day you will."

     Yay! Another update

     Yay! Another update. I'm so happy to have more chapters for y'all. I love writing this story so much, and I'm glad all of you enjoy it as well!

     See you soon❤️