|06|

Torint

I could not keep my eyes off of the little female as she led me through the darkening forest. She claimed to be leading me to her den.

She rambled on and on with nonsensical words, waving her hands in the air as she spoke. Her back was to me, and I kept a close eye on her.

Though my ship said there were no threats in the forest, I could not be too careful with the female. She must be protected at all costs.

My mind centered only on her now as I followed very closely behind her. I had to be prepared for anything to happen. I was on an unfamiliar planet with a female that held the future of my species in her hands.

It made me anxious, and I was on high alert.

The female was worried about me. About my wound. She told me she would make me good as new, but I could see the nervousness of each of her movements. It took a lot of courage to bring me to her den, I was much stronger than her and I had already scared her half to death.

Females were to be worshipped.

Growing up, we were taught of them and that they were sacred. The population of females on our planet has slowly decreased until they completely died out. I never thought I would see a female, touch one, speak with one.

Well, at least she could speak to me.

"And of course you'll love Weasley. Maybe, I guess. But I think you'll like him, he's the sweetest." She rambles pushing past the plants covering the ground.

I stiffen as she speaks. Did she have a mate? Was her male at home, awaiting her return? I let out a furious growl. How would he react to see me walking into their den? Would he be aggressive?

I growled again at the thought, if we fought the female could be injured. She was too delicate to be around any violence.

"Are you okay? You sure do growl a lot." She says out loud, even knowing that I couldn't answer her. Well, I could reply but the poor female had no translation chip at all.

Her planet seemed to be behind in technology.

After a time, we reach a break in the trees. There was a small field with a little building that I could only assume was the human female's den. She continues to walk towards it. She glances at the setting sun with a worried glance.

The heat was slowly diminishing and I was glad for it. The female before me picked up the pace and I follow directly behind her. My eyes never leave her.

"Home, sweet home!" She says as she opens the door. Her den is wonderful, mainly because every surface is covered in her maddening fragrance. I take a deep breath of it and hold it in my mouth. It was delicious.

I turn to notice that the female was watching me still. I smile as I near her, she takes a few steps back. My chest clenches in pain. I guess I did deserve that one.

There was no technology in her den at all as my gaze scanned it. The walls, floors, and ceiling were all made of wood. There were rugs and chairs and a couch. We made a stop in her kitchen and I sat on one of the higher chairs as she went around.

It was a strange home, but cozy all the same.

I watch as the tiny female climbs on the counter tops to reach a cabinet. I stand up quickly, alarmed at what she was doing. She could fall and harm herself!

My body automatically flies to where she is and I stand behind her with my arms held out to catch her just in case.

She turns and stares down at me with a raised eyebrow, some sort of healing kit in her arms. She lets out a laugh that sounds more like music.