Chapter 1: Welcome Home, Princess

[Day 1]

"Thank you Link... The Hero of Hyrule. May I ask, do you really remember me?"

Link and Zelda stared at each other as the sun shines through the dark clouds which were disappearing.

Link, dressed up in Hylian Trousers, Hylian Hood, and his special garb, the Champion's Tunic, equiped with the Master Sword, Hylian Shield, and a Savage Lynel Bow.

"...not as well as I really should be, but...I do," Link answered.

"I'm glad," Zelda smiled.

Link smiled back, then whistled, and the white horse Link had tamed and named Zilda quickly showed up in between them. She had the Ancient Horse Armor on.

"Woah," Zelda mildly gasped,"How did you do that?"

"The Ancient Saddle I obtained allows me to summon her wherever and whenever," Link answered.

He walked to Zelda, took out his hand, "Shall we?"

Zelda took his hand, Link slowly guided her to Zilda, and helped her up.

"Where did you find her?" Zelda asked.

"An old man told me about it. He told me your horse from 100 years ago looked like this. So I decided to take her and train her. I found her at Safula Hill," Link explained.

"Where shall we go?" Link asked.

"I would like to return to the castle," Zelda answered,"I want to clean it up from the remaining Malice."

"Alright."

Link hoped up Zilda and galloped back to the castle.

On their way, they encountered some rogue Guardians. Link tried to dodge them, but not necessary, since Zelda used her power on them and took them out.

On horseback.

When they approached Castle Town, Link slowed Zilda down. They entered through the center gate, slowly approaching the Central Square. Zelda killed all Malice around them.

"This place looks devastating," Zelda commented with a sad tone.

"Yeah... Everything was destroyed. Guardians were all over the place. Some materials survived, I collected them," Link commented back.

"This was all my fault. If only my power would show up sooner..."

Link turned his head around, peeking at Zelda. Tears slowly came out of her. She looked down, gripping her thighs, sobbing.

"Well...it's gone now, isn't it?" Link looked back to the front.

"What's gone?" She looked up to Link.

"The Calamity. We defeated it together, didn't we?"

"Y-yeah..?"

"So we don't need to worry about it anymore. It's time to move on," Link said.

Zelda didn't reply, she only thought. They approached the castle gate, Link opened the huge metal gate using Magnesis on the Shiekah Slate. Zelda is once again in awe.

As they finished clearing Hyrule Castle from Malice and monsters, the sun began to set. During that, Link retrieved Zelda's Diary, King's Journal, and a couple of cookbooks.

They walked out of the castle. As they crossed the bridge, they turned around, staring at the castle still in shambles. Then they turned back and walked a few steps.

At that moment, spirits of the Champions and the King loomed over them, from the front of the tallest tower, hovering, surrounded by blue flames. They watched Link and Zelda walk out in silence, only the sounds of wind blowing and birds chirping. Finally, they had won. The spirits then faded into nothing.

Zelda stopped her steps, looked back again, taking another long glance at the castle, with the sun setting behind. It really was a sight to behold. Link glanced with.

They crossed the bridge, Link once again summoned Zilda by whistling. They got on, and galloped to Kakariko Village.

They exited the Castle Town through the central gate, took a left turn. Passed through Mabe Prairie, crossed Rebonae Bridge, went south, passing Wetland Stable. They went up Sahasra Slope, and slowed down on the oath. As they passed through the gates, Sheikahs looked up on his horse, immediately gasping on the blond lady in white.

Link stopped Zilda in front of Impa's hut. They were surrounded by the Sheikah. Cado and Dorian stared at Zelda in awe. Link helped Zelda down.
Link held Zelda's hand, and slowly walked up the wooden stairs. As he was gonna open the door, Paya opened the door first from inside. She looked up at Link, completely shocked, jumped back.

"M-Master Link..! What brings you here to da..." Paya gasped more when she saw Zelda from behind Link.

Paya stepped aside, letting Link & Zelda in.

"And finally..." Impa spoke under her hat, "after 100 years...you both have returned to us."

Impa slowly looked up at Link & Zelda. A broad smile appeared on her face. "Welcome home, Princess."