Chapter 5: A Fishy Reunion

"I think I know what happened next." Present Link interrupted.

"Yeah... You dubbed me to be your personal guard at the Sacred Grounds, right?"

"That's right."

Link and Zelda were still on bed in Link's house. An hour and a half has passed since Zelda started telling the story. The moon has risen slightly, as seen from a nearby window.

Link sighed, looking out the window. "Wow... Our relationship raised and dropped very fast."

"I know... It's...kinda my fault." Zelda frowned.

Link looked at Zelda. "What? Why?"

"I mean... First, our situation a long time ago was definitely not helping. I still couldn't figure out my sealing power. I got so frustrated that I exert some of it to you, though you didn't deserve it. I had different impressions on you. I thought your life was perfect, and I was completely wrong, and..."

As she blabbered on, Link covered her mouth with his right hand. She was slightly shocked, cheeks turning red. Link moved his hand from her silky lips to her chin, and turned her head to face him. "Shhh." Link said. "Don't worry. All creatures make mistakes. You are no exception. But..." Link smiled. "I'm willing to always forgive you." He leaned to her face, she closed her eyes, starting to shed tears. Then Link connected his lips to hers.

~∆∆∆~

[Day 9]

The sun shined through the window. Zelda opened her eyes. She got up to a sitting position. She looked around, still on the bed in Link's house. She was relieved, thanking the goddesses that last night wasn't a dream. Then her nose picked up a delicious smell.

She got off the bed, walked slightly to the balcony. She saw Link was busy in the kitchen. She smiled at the sight.

She walked down the stairs. "Good morning, Zelda." Link greeted without even turning.

"Good morning." She replied. "Smells delicious."

"Yup. I've prepared your clothes for today's trip. Where are we going?" Link shook the pan, turned of the stove and poured the food into a plate.

Zelda sat down at the dining table. "I was thinking we could visit Zora's Domain first. A few days ago I noticed the Divine Beast icons in the Shiekah Slate map was...beeping? I don't know, but I think we need to check it out."

Link walked to the table carrying a plate of food on each hand. He was already wearing his outfit, that being the Champion's Tunic and Hylian Boots. He placed the plates one on Zelda's side and the other at his. "Ooh, what's this?" She asked with wonder at the food.

"It's a Mushroom Risotto." Link sat at his chair and started eating.

They finished breakfast, Zelda took a bath, and came out with her full outdoors outfit on again. They got out, Link locked the door, Zelda took out Zilda and Link's horse, Epona, from Link's small stable. "So which route do we go?" Link asked while helping Zelda up Zilda.

"I'd like to stay on path, so we'll go back through Fort Hateno, stop by at Kakariko Village, Go through Lanayru Wetlands, then follow the Zora River to the Domain." Zelda set herself on Zilda. Link got up Epona.

They started going, going down the same path they took to get to Hateno Village. In between Ginner Woods and Midla Woods, south of Ovli Plain, north of Cliffs of Quince, through Fort Hateno, north of Blatchery Plain, past Kakariko Bridge, and stopped at Kakariko Village. Link restocked a small bit, while Zelda reported to Impa.