Chapter 2: Living the Simple Life

[Day 3]
2 days had past since Zelda & Link arrived at Kakariko Village.

Except for the fact that almost every chatting topics are about Zelda, everything else seemed just fine.

During their arrival, Paya offered her bedroom for Zelda. Zelda, to her nobility, refused. Impa on the other hand, agreed with Paya, suggesting that it would be safer for her there. In the end, Zelda has Paya's bed, while Paya sleeps on the floor, layered by a thin matress. Link stayed at Shuteye Inn.

During that night, Zelda got to the bed, and immediately passed out. Makes sense, she has been up for 100 years trying so hard to keep Ganon from absolutely burning down Hyrule to a crisp.

The next day, Zelda still hadn't woke up. Paya stated by her side all day. Link is just outside, caring for Zilda, talking with the locals, and training as usual.

Then, on the second morning, Zelda's eyes finally flickered.

She slowly woke up, trying to regain her consciousness. Paya, who was sitting on the floor in front of her diary, noticed Zelda getting up, immediately approached her. "Princess, are you okay?"

Zelda was still half awake. "..huh? Uh, yeah... Who's that?"

"It's me, princess. It's Paya. You're in my room."

"Paya... Oh yeah," Zelda looked around the room. "How...how long have I slept?"

Paya hesitated to answer. "...you've been out for a whole day and a night princess."

Zelda gasped, "A day and a half? How come?"

"When you sat on the bed, you immediately lied down and passed. I waited for you to wake on the next day, but you didn't. I got worried," Paya explained with a concerned look on her face. "Well, now that you're awake, what do you need?"

Zelda thought for 5 seconds. She looked down at her white garb. Well, it was anything but white. It's covered in dirt, mud, and other things. "Where is the bath around here?"

"Oh, the bath is actually the Great Fairy Fountain. It is northeast from here. Would you like me to accompany you?"

"..the Fairy Fountain? Isn't there a Great Fairy living in it? Are you sure it's okay?"

"Of course. Lady Cotera doesn't mind."

"Alright then, if you insist."

"Great! I'll lend you my clothes. Then we'll walk there." Paya clapped lightly, smiling.

While Paya was preparing their stuff, Zelda walked downstairs. Impa, on her stack of pillows, noticed, greeted her with a smile. "Well, good morning, princess. How have you been?"

Zelda turned around and looked at her. She smiled, "Good morning, Lady Impa. I've been great." She walked towards Impa, sitting on her legs in front of her.

"I'm sure Paya has informed you of your...hibernation," Impa stated.

"Yes, she has. Was I really out for a whole day?"

"And a half, yes. I suppose your body, mind and soul has been very desperate for a good sleep for 100 years." Impa smiled at her.

"Yeah..." Zelda scratched her finger at her temple, smiling back.

"So how are you feeling now? Still exhausted?"

"No. I'm better now. I just need a bath, and good food. I'm starving..."

"Yes. Paya will accompany you to the Great Fairy Fountain. I'll inform Link to cook you a fitting breakfast."

As Impa finished her sentence, Paya walked down the stairs carrying their bathing equipment. You better get going then," Impa continued.