Chapter 7: Akkala, the Old and New

Sorry I haven't updated in a while. Haven't been feeling to write lately. 🤣 School's just started, got a lotta tasks in my hands.

Anyways, enjoy!

Just like how they got there, Link and Zelda rode on the MCZ to leave Zora's Domain. Zelda enjoyed every second of it.

Mere minutes later, they arrived at the fork. The path leading to Akkala/Eldin, and the path leading to Woodland. They took a right, taking the Akkala path. And soon after that, they took another right, which takes them to Akkala instead of Eldin.

They zoomed past Akkala Span, which was quite in ruins. Zelda looked over to the right, trying to get rid of her hair in the way. With the sun behind the hill, she saw the once great Akkala Citadel, in shambles.

She tapped Link's shoulder. Link turned his head slightly, signing he noticed.

"Can you turn to the Citadel?" She shouted at him.

Link nodded, immediately turning at the split to the Citadel bridge.

As they reached the edge of the broken bridge, Link drifted the MCZ, stopping about 1 meter before the drop. Zelda got off, Link after.

She stared at the silhouette of the once majestic fortress. It was a mess. Rubble everywhere, overrun with plants and the cursed Malice. She saw a few Guardian Skywatchers guarding the place, intimidating every person who dares to come closer.

Link noticed the concern on Zelda's face. He can't help but feel bad too. He stepped up. "Would you like to go there and clear it from Malice?"

"That would be nice, yes." Zelda looked down to the broken bridge. "But how can we cross this?"

Link shrugged. "I usually just jump, glide to the other side, and climb a little bit." He looked the left. "Or of course, we can go around it."

Zelda looked at where Link was looking, opening the Slate map. "You know what? We'll revisit soon."

Link raised his eyebrow. "Are you sure?"

"Yeah... I'm not sure I'm up for it right now." Zelda slid her finger across the screen of the Slate. She pointed to an icon. "Instead... I wanna check this... Tarrey Town?"

"Oh! Great idea. Let's check it." Link said excitedly.

Zelda gave the Slate back to Link. "Why are you so excited?"

Link summoned the MCZ. "It's a very young town I helped built. It's very nice there. I think you'll like it." He hopped on, followed by Zelda. Quickly, they took off.

They crossed Akkala Span again, and took a sharp left. Passed the Parade Ground Ruins and Akkala Falls.

These bridges could use some renovation. Zelda thought.

From there, Zelda can see some buildings in the distance to the left. They continued through Kaepora Pass, going downhill. In the middle of that, they took a sharp left, following a steep natural bridge leading to a group of buildings. Zelda could read a sign on an arch saying "Tarrey Town".

They slowed down, ultimately stopping at the center.

Zelda got off, taking a look around. The place was very compact, yet very lively. It was very diverse, as there were a couple of Gorons, a Gerudo, a Rito and some Hylians could be seen. Building design seems familiar.

"So? What do you think?" Link tapped her shoulder from behind.

"I... Like it." Zelda smiled. "I like how there are multiple races here."