Chapter 10: Spirit of Rudania

Link and Zelda reformed atop the great Death Mountain, right next to Vah Rudania.

Right as the last particle joined Zelda's body, a swarm of heat suddenly attacked her. She jumped from it. "What was that?! So hot!"

Link, who was standing right next to her, held her hand. "Were atop Death Mountain. Right next to the crater." Link turned her body to face the giant crater filled with scorching hot lava. Zelda's eyes widened, sweating double than usual. Her heartbeat also doubled.

"W-w-Woah!" She looked to the left and saw Rudania just chilling at the edge. The blue lights were off, signing it was shut down.

"'bout time you guys got here!" A loud deep hoarse voice said to them from behind as Zelda examined the Beast with the Slate.

L&Z turned around, to be greeted by the spirit of the champion of the volcano, Daruk. He was opening his arms, green spiritual fire floated around him.

"Sir Daruk!" Zelda exclaimed, smiled. "Glad to see you again."

Daruk broke into laughter. "Yes! And I'm glad to see you out of that monstrosity of a castle. And great job little guy!" Daruk walked over to Link and smacked his back with his huge hand.

"Yeah yeah. Nice to see you're still here, Daruk." Link smiled back.

Daruk looked over to the sight of Hyrule. "You know, ever since we moved here, I just can't get enough of this view. It's truly spectacular!" Daruk laughed again. "So, how are thing faring for these few weeks for you guys?"

"We've been doing great. We visited Mipha a few days ago." Zelda replied.

"That's great. So you're planning to go around Hyrule?"

"Yep." Link replied this time.

"Are you gonna go after this?" Zelda asked.

"Yep. Gonna take big ol' Rudania here back to where we found it. Gotta stop bothering Death Mountain." Daruk stretched his shoulders. "Off topic here, Link, how's my little Goron down there? He good?"

"Yunobo? Yeah, he's good. He was quite a scaredy cat at first, but after our quest, he seems to be much more confident."

"Excellent. That's my descendant alright." Daruk nodded, then turned to Zelda. "Princess too! How are you, little fella?"

Zelda smiled. "I've been doing great, thank you."

"Of course you are! You've taken on a huge monstrosity of evil for a century! I doubt your ancestors have done anything like that. Your father wouldn't be proud, he'd be impressed." He laughed once again.

"Thank you very much. Though, I'd like to say sorry for everything. Everything that has happened 100 years ago..."

"When will you stop blaming yourself?" Link interrupted. "All that happened wasn't your fault. Not just you anyway." He looked at Daruk. He was scratching his head.

"Well yeah. Gotta admit, we weren't really well prepared for the whole thing. I mean, prophecy came outta nowhere, sudden excavations everywhere, Champions were hurryly chosen, it was...quite a mess. But, we figured it out, didn't we?"

There was silence for a little bit.

Link grabbed her hands, looked at her firmly. "Look, you're not alone. You don't have to do everything by yourself. We're always here."

Hearing those words coming out of him, a surge of relaxation hit her. "Okay."

"Anyway, how are you, Daruk?" Link changed the topic.