Chapter 13: Spirit of Medoh

Link and Zelda teleported back to Snowfield Stable, took out their steeds. They then rode to Rito Village. On the way, they went through Tabantha Village Ruins.

Zelda looked around the vicinity. She sighed. "Are you serious..." She mumbled. Beside Hebra Tower, lies burnt and destroyed houses everywhere. Not only that, the place is overrun with monsters.

"How is this even possible?! This place is full of snow! How are the houses burnt?" Zelda got mad again.

"Calm down. Once we're done touring, we'll fix everything." Link said.

"We?"

"We."

Zelda sighed again. "Okay."

They rode through the area slowly, avoiding getting the attention of the monsters. A few horse steps later, they passed it. They kept going. Then they saw a tall pillar of rock. Surrounding it were scaffoldings with huts jutting out of them. Hanging atop the rock pillar was a gigantic bird, made of stone, glass, propellers, and magic Sheikah energy, just perched above Rito Village like it's nobody's business, while the sun set behind it.

Zelda's first words on the sight was, "Wow... That's amazing..."

They stopped at Rito Stable to leave their horses. While Link did that, Zelda walked around stretching. An old man sitting next to a cooking pot looked at her. "Could she be..."

Zelda took a deep breath, raised her arms to the sky. The sun rays reflected on her, making her look holy.

"Young woman!" The old man called her. Zelda looked for the source of the sound. "I'm here." He said. Zelda found the old man, pointed at herself with a questioning face. The old man nodded. Zelda walked over to him.

"Yes, sir?"

"Forgive me for asking, but...is your name... Zelda?"

"That...would be me."

"The princess of Hyrule from 100 years ago?"

"Precisely."

The old man laughed. "My grandfather was right."

"What was right?"

"I'll tell you. Please sit down."

Zelda sat on a piece of bark sliced in half. "How did you know?"

"When I was a boy, 60 years ago, my granddad told me stories of this land. Before the tragic event of the Calamity that destroyed the Castle Town, this country had a royal family. That family had a daughter, the princess of Hyrule. Her name was... Zelda. He said you looked like one of the most beautiful jewel. Except for his wife."

Zelda slightly blushed. "Thanks."

"He was a Hyrulean Knight. He was a survivor of the Great Calamity."

"I'm happy for you."

"Speaking of the Great Calamity... When that happened, Hyrule fell into chaos for a few hours. Though in those few hours, more lives were lost than in days of a normal battle. Those machines massacred thousands..."

Zelda's face frowned. "I'm sorry. That was...my fault."

"No it wasn't. If it wasn't for you, holding back the Calamity, we wouldn't be here."

Link suddenly tapped Zelda's shoulder. Zelda jumped. "You done?"

Zelda stood up and slapped his shoulder. "You scared the life outta me."

Link giggled. "Sorry."

"As I thought. The Hero with the sword that seals the darkness. You got some more Goron Spice for me, boy?" He laughed.