Chapter 9: Inside This World Hot

[Day 13]
Our beloved couple once again departed from South Akkala Stable, headed off to Goron City, Eldin.

They rode past the Citadel Ruins, through the Akkala Span, and at Ternio Trail, they took a sharp right, riding next to Cephia Lake. They then stopped at Foothill Stable.

"Here." Link handed Zelda a full suit of armor.

"What are these?" Zelda took them, tried to inspect them.

"It's Flamebreaker armor. Wear it, and you'll be resistant to Death Mountain's extreme heat." Link took out a small bottle filled with black liquid.

"Okay, but what will you wear? You'll still burn too."

"I'll have this." Link's showed the bottle to Zelda. "This is a bottle of Fireproof Elixir. It does the same thing as the armor, but it only lasts a limited time."

"Can I have that instead? This looks uncomfortable."

"Are you sure? You'll need to have spares, and besides, you do not want to know how this tastes. And don't worry, it's actually pretty comfy."

"What's it made of that it tastes bad?" Zelda tried the Flamebreaker Helmet on.

"It's made of two Fireproof Lizards..." Link popped the cap off, Zelda's face got disgusted, "and a Bokoblin Horn." And he quickly chugged it down. Zelda's face looked like she was about to throw up.

As Link was done chugging, he wiped his lips and ditched the bottle away. He then sighed.

Zelda's face got even sicker when she sniffed his breath. "Goddess! Do something about that please!"

"I can't. If I eat anything else, it'll cancel the effect of the elixir, and it'll be useless. I'll only chew a Cool Safflina to get rid of the breath, if it disturbs you. You'll get used to it though."

"Y-you can chew a Safflina," Zelda said as she put on the Flamebreaker armor over her regular outfit.

"Once we reach Goron City, I'll buy a new one for your own, okay?"

"Sure. Thanks." She then put on the Helmet. "You know, it really is quite comfortable. But it makes me look...big. Don't you think?"

Link curled up against the tips of his lips. "You always look perfect, in anything."

Zelda's cheeks grew rosy, she punched Link's shoulder. "Who are you and what have you done to Link?" She said jokingly.

Link chuckled. "You've never seen this side of me. Consider yourself lucky."

From there, they left their horses at the stable, and rode on the MCZ past Lake Intenoch, Gero Pond, through the cave (which Link had to kill a Guardian to get through), and stopped right before Medingo Pool.

"This is where we go on foot," Link said, still on the bike.

"What? Why?" Zelda got off, Link after.

"The MCZ doesn't work in extreme heat. Also in deep water and the desert. It just puffs."

"Oh... Alright. So we have to walk now?"

Link took out the Slate and removed the MCZ. "Yup."

"Okay! Let's continue!"

Link tucked the Slate on his hip. "But be careful, plenty of monsters roam around this place, like that cave. "Luckily, I have the perfect weapon to counter fire monsters."

Zelda got interested. "What is it?"

Link took out a strange-looking blue and white rod. It was glowing and emitting chill. But since they were on Death Mountain, she can barely feel it.