Chapter-4

Behind me was everything I'm giving up and before me is something which I'm not looking forward to. I just finalized my divorce and signed off my company so basically I'm homeless and I've just sacked myself. Well it's not as painful as I thought leaving my company would be, in fact I don't even care about the Clarksons' deal or the direction the company would now go in.

The most important question in my mind is about where I should go now?

The probable solution is to find a hotel and check into it. On checking my wallet I found out that I now have $1200 on me along with a little small change. So Hotels in Times Square are not an option.

Wrapping my head around what happened in the evening is in itself proving to be complicated, and now staying in Times Square just for room service and letting myself go bankrupt cannot be allowed.

After walking around aimlessly in a numb state for about an hour, I remembered an advertisement I saw online a few months ago about a place called THE LOCAL NYC which was a "ultrahip hostel" offering affordable private and shared rooms. Getting into a taxi I told the driver the name.

"Is it the one in Queens ma'am?" he asked

"Yeah that's the one" I hope so

He took the Ed Koch Queensboro Bridge Upper Roadway route and in less than 15 mins I was standing in front of what looked like a converted industrial building. Walking inside the building's lobby I went to the Reception and asked if a room for one was available.

"Will anyone be joining you ma'am" the receptionist enquired

"No"

"Would you prefer a 6 bed dorm room or a 2 bunk quad?"

"Neither actually, are there any private rooms available?"

"Yes but that depends on how long you would be staying though" she said

"Let's say a week for now"

"Give me a minute ma'am I'll have to make sure we have no reservations for that long" saying this she typed away on her computer screen

"It's available but it's $65 per day ma'am will that be alright?"

"Yes."

She filled in the required details and handed me the keys to "Double/Twin" their name for a private suite.

"We offer a Lobby Bar, common area with a projector, communal kitchen, Café, Roof-top access which offers you dinners with a view of Manhattan skyline, computer facilities with printers and Free Wi-Fi and housekeeping. Enjoy your stay with us ma'am" she smiled.

I won't need any of these facilities except one which I do hope you offer

"Is there a laundry service available?" I asked

"We have a coin laundry system but apart from that we also do offer a guest laundry system" she informed

That's all I needed to know

"Thank you" saying this I went to my room.

The room like the rest of the building's interior had minimalist decors, radiating a chic convertible vibe. Three walls of the room were painted in light grey and were bare except just a single abstract painting on one of them, while the fourth wall was a white half brick wall and the other half was a huge glass grid window separated with deep brown wooden muntins, from where the sunlight fell directly onto the bed. The room wasn't unnecessarily too big, it was functional with a decent queen sized bed covered in white linen bedding, to its either sides were two round bed side tables, while one had a square lamp the other had a wooden globe.