Chapter-11

Adrian:

Looking up from the screen of my laptop I notice that it's Sunday morning, after returning from my ride yesterday I was informed that there was an emergency at one of our Copper Industries, I rushed to office and got down to handling the chaos. It was a serious muddle but with due and reasonable caution it could have been completely avoided. There was obviously loss which the company had to bear but thankfully it wasn't too fatal.

One of the furnaces malfunctioned, causing heaving smoke to be released. The plant itself was well equipped in dealing with such disasters, thereby smoothing out the process a little. Search & Rescue was done and thankfully none of my employees suffered serious injuries. The reports which were sent in showed that it was due to irresponsible and reckless handling of the procedure by a group of employees which led to this. Lives of hundreds of employees and people living in the area would've been in danger if this been an explosion and not just smoke emission.

Individuals who failed to be cautious could prove to be a risk to any industry and especially where lives were at stake the risk just wasn't worth it. Losses could be compensated by further profits but there is no compensation for life of a person. The employees responsible were fired and were being sued for damages. Steps are still being taken about the revival of the plant. The crisis had taken till late midnight to solve it, after which I got engrossed in reading and revising the suggestions Nick provided.

Projects were so demanding that I didn't notice the night pass away, neither do I remember the sun rising. Thinking about the dawn of a day, I'm instantly reminded of how yesterday started with me being frustrated and drowning in helplessness, and then Central Park came along, bringing with it a little stranger.

Never in a hundred years did I expect that, when I would go to the park looking for some peace, that I would find something so unexpected. Yes, my spirits were definitely soaring the goddamn universe after the encounter with Daria and to think they were trampled so gloriously by my men.

But Daria really was something else.

She waltzed into my life and practically made me make tall promises and offer my protection, hugged the life out of me like I was some stupid teddy bear, when people get scared to even look at me straight in the eye.

She came to me asking for apparent help, instead she helped me. She helped me smile after a long time. A really long time. There's only one other person on this earth who can make me laugh or smile like that – Faith.

Would I have a little pixie like Daria if Faith was still here?

I still can't forget her. I still can't forget both of them.

My life is in fucking ironies. I can't forget the people who I most likely might never meet. The people I can't have are the only people who make me feel alive.

I need to find you Faith. At any cost

Anddd...... as ridiculous as it seems

Could I attempt a kidnap?

Get a grip on yourself Adrian. Stop being a creep.

Looking around I decide I've had enough for the day, it's better I go home and start hunting for my sunshine – Faith.

NOT DARIA. IT'S BETTER I LEAVE THE KID ALONE

I walk out of the elevator doors and start walking towards the entrance to leave this place for an hour or two. Getting onto the sidewalk I let my feet carry me to whatever place it takes me. I do this mindless walking sometimes, just to not THINK and since my mind is the obedient creature it is, it does exactly the opposite and always takes me back to FAITH.