Chapter-12

Adrian:

It's been a week since Luke and Kelly suddenly showed up in my study. A week since they told me my attempts to find Faith were being tracked. They wouldn't have found that someone was tracking my movements, and had only found out because of an unusual spike which Kelly identified was very similar to the no water mark, and I.P. Address bouncing of 3 to 4 satellites.

The same traces which were identified by Kelly in the money's trail. But it wasn't possible since the money was recovered and the bastard was caught years ago. Detective Graham found him in Bahamas where his attempt of opening the offshore accounts activated the tracker. Now he's facing 8 years jail time and a bunch of other things.

The possibility of this is baffling.

How is the man still keeping tabs on me when he's rotting in a prison?

When we're trying to track the beginning of the chain instead of pinpointing a location it's leading to a server which keeps changing its location with the screens refresh rate – in simple terms it changes each time the computer refreshes in the background. Last night my office was the receiver if the server was to be trusted. Which was obviously ridiculous.

We hit the dead end.

Whoever this is he's playing his cards very differently now.

One thing was clear, I was being thoroughly monitored in my attempts to find her since the day I started searching for her. Every time I said the word Faith in a phone call or text, there was a tiny spike picking it up, already tipping off the tracker with the latest news. Luke was clever when he said he was in Hobart, Australia a week ago to put them off her scent, while we find her. So, all they now know about her is her hair color and tattoos. As Isidore Inc and my server systems at home run on classified databases using my private satellite, the searches in them were safe.

Monsters of the dark are trying to sink their claws into her and I'll be damned before I let the shadows descend.

All of these years I thought it was about me, but turns out I'm wrong. It's always been about her. She was the one who was targeted and she is the one who is in danger. I need to keep her safe and for that I need to know where she is as soon as possible. Luke had made it abundantly clear that his ruse might at the most earn us a head start of a month, so we need to find her before that, and we can only use direct methods to get in touch, no more calls or emails or texts.

He told me that she was spotted leaving LA a few weeks ago, he's currently trying to locate the exact flight she boarded. With her name and her job description, things certainly have been made easy but there's still the mystery of where she went.

How much more longer Faith?

I have to keep two promises now – protecting you and making it up to you for my stupidity.

Baby please stop hiding.

I was walking down the streets when a sight of a child waving at me from the window of a café catches my eye. On looking closely I find that it was the little pixie. I smile and wave back at her. Having lost interest in me she then turns away from the window and starts talking to her cousin who was beside her.

Attention Span of a butterfly

Chuckling to myself, I continue on my way down the street when I see Luke approaching me from a car. He walks over to me with a grim expression "Sir we need to speak now"

"In my office Luke" I say and we head over to my office.

Back at the office I sit behind my desk and wait for Luke to resume