Chapter-21

It's been a week since he's taken hostage of the assignments. She couldn't wait to pay him back for his impudence! his ginormous form was moving around the gym shouting commands for our next match. He was the captain of NYU Violets. I could see his backpack carelessly left on the stands while he was on the other end of the gym. Tut-Tut rookie mistake.

Looking at him I see that he's engaged in a snatching duel with Chad, I move quickly and quietly making my way a further into the gym. I stop and tentatively peek from a blindspot to make sure I'm still undetected, to my relief Adrian is deep in the game, his hair tossed roughly, deep black eyes watching each play closely, jaw set in concentration as he prepares to shoot. As I watch him, I realize this is my best opening to his backpack and his lady love – DC SRT 8 Hellcat. Not turning back, I to make it to his bag and just as I was about to open it

"Looking for something Star?" a low whisper reaches my ear

A blood curdling scream makes me bolt upright with my heart beating frantically in my chest. I look around trying to figure out what it was when I realize that scream was from me.

"Oh god, oh my gosh" I almost got caught

Wait a second. What do you mean by almost? This happened ages ago and Adrian did catch me. Tired from my dream I drop back down into the covers trying to calm my heartbeat.

Dreams can be so exhausting.

Luckily after that I wasn't disturbed with anymore dreams for the night either that or I had dreams that I couldn't remember. It didn't bother me much because I could sleep shamelessly and peacefully. The days that followed my meeting with Preston brought on a heavy tide of exhaustion. I've been going to the office regularly but I was failing at staying awake. I did work but couldn't stay awake beyond 5 in the evening. Which brings me to now. Yesterday I decided to call in a sick leave. I am sick. Being sleepy is also being sick. Besides that's all I did these two days and it's addicting.

It's 7 in the evening, I'm currently trying my best to cook this meal so we could eat something and go to bed already when I hear the doorbell go. Who could it be?

Opening the door I see Adrian dressed in an black V-neck T-shirt, grey checkered trousers and Nikes. How did he know I live here?

Ah right.

"What is it Adrian?"

"Are you Okay?" he asks as his eyes search me

"Why wouldn't I be?"

"So, you're Okay?" he asks as if reassuring himself

"Positive" I reply not understanding his behavior

"Alright then" he smiles slightly, turning to leave

I lean against the door and watch his retreating form in dazed silence.

What's this now?

"Adrian" I hear myself call him as he was about to open his car door. He turns around and tilts his head in question

"Water?" I ask him surprising myself and him from the way his eyes go slightly wide. Locking his car, he walks towards me with his hands in his pockets. Just as he was about to ask me something his phone goes off; he answers it all the while his expression worsens increasing the intensity of his glare. "Inform me immediately if there's a change" he orders calmly as he dismisses the call and rubs a hand across his eyes. He looks at me with a bewildered smile smoothly covering up the worry and anger. Old habits die hard.