Chapter-18

Monday mornings bring a bunch of meetings with them, some of which are an absolute pain. It's been two hours and Franklin won't get to the point. He's been beating around the bush and hinting at his pivotal role in finalizing the project. Yes, we all get how amazing he is, but would he get to the point today? It took him another hour to finally reveal the details.

Wasn't that hard to just say what the job is about is it?

My sour mood deepens when I suddenly ram into a wall and fall very gracefully on my back with papers flying like confetti around me, my tablet and phone crashing like snowballs onto the ground, my Broadway show is met with a deafening applause and laughter.

Glad I could provide some entertainment on this dreary day

"Oh my god, are you alright?" the petite redhead rushes towards me

"Yea Tiffany, just being entertainment ya know?"

"Cut the sass, when did you come in today?" Tiffany asks

"Five, why?"

"Nothing, that just explained your wall hug" she laughs

"Great now that this is clarified – move I need to work" I try pushing past her

"Nope. Ain't nobody workin right now" she tuts

"Alright, your high on caffeine and I'm low on it, so move before I mow you down"

"Alethea snap out of it" she gives me a thorough shaking and surprisingly that works

"Urm. Okay. That worked!" I say frazzled

"I knew it" she quips while helping me pick up the confetti and snowballs – I mean papers and whatever

"Hey, mind if I go out for a bit?" I ask her

"You were detonating a minute ago, get out of here before it happens again" she winks

"Wasn't detonating" I mumble

"I'll handle Franklin, go out and clear your head"

"Yes, ma'am" I smile at her

I've been walking aimlessly for a while and I feel a little better. Being too cooped up does me wonders huh?

Why was I getting hormonal in the first place?

It's the first time I hired a sitter for Daria after coming to New York and that's been eating me away. Rochelle does seem like a kind lady but I'm getting anxious leaving Daria like this. In LA there was a day care at my office, and sometimes Mrs. Anders my neighbor offered to help me look after her. I always kept her close and leaving her at home is leaving me with a heavy and anxious heart. There's a day care center one street away from my office, and I'm still considering if I should join her there.

I want to go home for a bit and stay with my girl, but I know I won't come back if I do that. Calling is not an option too. I've already done that plenty times.

This is it I'm putting an end to my misery; this day care center is a better option than leaving her alone at home all day. She'll also be closer to me like this.

Now that I've made my decision, I feel some of the worry reduce. Walking into a Deli close by, I'm about to order myself lunch when I feel a tap on my shoulder. Turning around I see Adrian.

"What is it with you and my lunch time?" I snap

"Woah, sorry" he backs up raising his hands

"Wasn't your fault, it's just not a good time" I sigh