2. Finding What was Lost

From: Butterfly, Chasing Amy rewritten and new scenes.

Jimin was alone in his room looking at the ceiling. Three times, one in Ilsan, two in Seoul. Namjoon told him they were good companies but none of them was able to find her.

He read the email again. It was the same report, the same information that the other two investigators provided. She was last seen in Ilsan. She stopped attending school for a month before she vanished.

It doesn't make sense for him to end this way. She said she was finally getting in good terms with her stepfather. The only thing she was ranting about is that her mother wants her to transfer to a school in Seoul. She wants to study in the Philippines, she said— she wants to learn English— she wants to work abroad— future plans for them but then she stopped calling.

She didn't returned to Busan anymore.

She ran away from home.

Jimin looked at the opposite bed. Her sister Jinri doesn't want them to sleep in separate rooms. She insisted a twin bed. She's scared that someone would buzz in and she wouldn't know what do to.

It was their flight home tomorrow. He hopes her sister enjoyed her vacation. When he asked her what she wants for a gift, she didn't say anything. She was always like that. Unable to voice out what she wanted, always just going with the flow.

— but he knows. He knows her sister want to travel judging by her interest whenever he's abroad. She always gives him places to visit based on their tour. Places he doesn't have time to go to. If Jinri's college tuition wasn't that expensive, he would've asked his parents to come in as well.

Jinri's phone beeps and it was a kakaotalk text message from Jiyoung. He opened Jinri's phone entering her birthday. It went in. A couple of message from him and a single one from her. An emoticon.

Now, he's feeling bad for his friend whom he tried to push to date her sister and ended up really falling for her. It looks like her sister didn't. She just went with it.

He checked her opened application and it was a youtube video. Jungkook dancing to baepsae. I saw her comment, "it wasn't that good.". A couple of notification says that she's been commenting on a couple of their video.

"She's jealous of him." Jimin thought.

He suddenly remembered that Jungkook would pick him up. Maybe it's time to introduce his sister to his bestfriend. Maybe if she met Jungkook, she would understand their closeness.

That he's like his brother he never had.

——

After Jimin and Jinri found their seat in the first class cabin, Jinri looked at Jimin. "Oppa, I'm sorry about A—"

"Jungkook's picking us up." Jimin said interrupting her.

"What?!" She exclaimed. "Why?!"

Jimin originally planned to book Jinri a cab to the train station but he thought otherwise. He will introduce Jungkook to her.

He was right. After saying that, Jinri only pouts and scrunched her face until the plane departed. The only thing she did different was drinking the entirety of the champagned glass before pouting again.

She really hates him, huh? Jimin thought.

"Do you want a drink?" The flight attendant asks when they were almost near Seoul.