29. The Watch

Jinri glower at her calendar, the red marks she made on them stares at her and it makes her more nervous.

She took her phone and type in 'condoms success rate':

While perfect condom use has a 98 percent success rate at preventingpregnancy, errors can increase the risk of breakage, slippage or other condom failure. Here are the rates for those problems: Breakage: In various studies, between 0.8 percent and 40.7 percent of participants reported the experience of a broken condom.

It's been a week. 7 days since Jinri's montly visitor didn't arrived as planned. She's been tracking her ovulation and menstruation because she hates surprises and to stock on some sweets when it's her ovulation.

She's been doing it since she was sixteen. It never failed until now. Until the month she experienced having sex.

A lot of things ran through her mind.

That maybe she was just only stressed.

She gained weight, a fact that also brings haywire to her brain, that it's a symptom rather than the reason.

The photo frame of their first date was on her table. They both looked happy. She wishes that they were still like that.

If she's pregnant, she would have to hide it. There's no way they'll allow Jungkook to quit. Her parents could be understanding, her brother might soften up knowing he'll be an uncle.

There's a lot of things though that would be paused in her life since she would rather care for her child than work or study, the fact that she would be a representative in a seminar to the US next year, her research— her graduation— her masters.

It was all that's in her mind, even during classes. She decided that it was time to involve Jungkook. She wasn't able to take in the problems alone.

Jinri was rocking herself, trying not to cry when her phone rang immediately

"Baby?" It was Jungkook, she hummed to answer him.

"I can only talk to you for a few minutes. Did you use a pregnancy test?"

"No, but I haven't gotten my period, it's been a week." Jinri's voice broke.

"Baby— don't cry. I'll be there. Wait for me okay? Today's the last shoot so I might be late but wait for me."