9. Two Sides of every Story

From: Butterfly, rewritten conversations, changed the timeline.

Jinri POV

The school activities lie low. Only preliminary exams remains and I don't know if it's fortunate or not that I got exempted in most of them which gives me ample time to myself.

Time, that I've been spending by travelling to different parts of Seoul.

This time, I found myself near City Hall. I took some photos of myself and send it to my parents. I was trying to fool them that I'm happy and enjoying myself in Seoul when in fact, I'm lonely.

Loneliness that starts to shake my confidence as I walk alone. I kept joking that I might transfer back to Busan back but then they will say that my brother might be disappointed. I know he will be, after that hullabaloo with Jungkook, he kept insisting that I stay.

So I fake my happiness. Even if I'm home sick. Even if the brother that was supposed to be here to show me these places is always busy.

Then I saw a coffeehouse offering Bingsu. Eating sweets should at least make me happy.

When I got in and looked at their menu, I forgot that I'm in Seoul and in a posh residential area. The prices of their food offerings are exorbitant.

I could splurge then ask my brother to deposit more money but I know it's out of the question. I was about to go out silently, when I noticed someone walking on the streets that looks familiar.

The only thing I could think of to avoid her was to cover my face with the menu I'm holding, hoping that she didn't see me through the store's window.

A few minutes seems a lifetime when you are waiting.

Then, I heard voice. "You're avoiding me now, is that it?" Jessie said.

Slowly, I put down the menu and when I saw her face it was disappointed and sad. I felt a little bit of guilt but I remember the stories Namjoon told me.

"Je—Jessie-nim." I said.

She rolled her eyes at me. "I figured you talked to your brother and you're mad at me now?"

"I'm not mad." I said. Just conflicted. She seems to be really nice. She's not easily offended and I can talk to her.

"Good." She smiled and called the food attendant.

She also ordered a lot of things in the menu. Four different bingsu. Two coffee. French toasts. Strawberry cake.

After that, "How about you? Do you have anything else you want?"

I want money because I can't afford what you ordered.

That is what I wanted to say.

She laughed cutely, "Don't worry, I'll pay for everything." She said.