42.5 Diversion

Jungkook POV

Jessie was cupping her chin browsing the menu while sporting a bored look on her face. She chose a window seat, something she never did before while we're dating, since we're in some back street coffeeshop, I just sitted in front of her removing my mask.

"Oh, you're here— Finally." Jessie took something out of her bag, a folder and put it on the table. "They have no suspect."

"What the fuck, Jess? You want me to run here just to tell me that?" I pulled my hair and tap the table.

"Easy! Easy! I'm not finished yet." Jessie beginning to get irritated. "They have no suspects and that's the reason why he was able to get away with what he have done."

I snatched the folder which she quickly pulled away from me but in the end the contents scattered on the table.

Photos, more than a dozen of them, of children, teenagers—

—photos of them dead— almost decomposed, some are just bones and my fingers trembled.

Jessie quickly organized the pictures and hide it again inside the folder except for some papers that contains some write-ups, "I didn't mean for you to see that

Jessie quickly organized the pictures and hide it again inside the folder except for some papers that contains some write-ups, "I didn't mean for you to see that."

I almost vomited, I covered my mouth and just nod at Jessie unable to speak.

Jessie sighed, "Sorry, I'm quite used to this. Whenever I wanted to escape my music lessons, I always go to my grandfather's office and seeing stuff like these is inevitable."

"Fuck Jess!" I groaned unable to shake the images from my mind. "Is that why you grew up to be a cr—"

"Say crazy again and I'll skin you alive." Jessie scowled. "I asked my grandfather for help, they found five people who left Ilsan abruptly by the time Amy ran away so—"

"You should've have started from that—"

"May I remind you that I'm doing this in my own time, using my fucking money and I don't even get anything from this— so you don't get to tell me what to do." Jessie said.

I stared at her, "Then why are you doing this?"

"Ha ha ha ha" Jessie mockingly laugh at me. "I'm doing it for Jinri. So shut the fuck up."

I remember Jinri, how fragile her emotions could be. If she sees this— if she even had an idea of what happened—"Jess. That's the other thing, don't tell Jinri about this." I said.

"What?" Jessie frowned at me. "You didn't told her you're meeting me?"

"I don't see the need to. Do you?" I asked her.