Five

Tomorrow quickly became today leaving Ten slightly anxious. The feeling of having dinner with Johnny was nerve-racking. Is this what most people would consider a date? 

He didn't dress in anything special to avoid suspicion from Donghyuck; just a pair of gray sweats and a black hoodie. He roughly swallowed watching as the clock's hand grow closer to the four. Sharply exhaling, he walked out of his spacious room and down the hall.

"I'm going to the store again."

"You just went yesterday."

"And I'm going again. Bye."

~~~~

He strolled down the street once again, the only difference was that he grew more anxious the closer he got to the building.

"This would've never been happening if I was taller."

Ten sat at green painted bench in front of the store, waiting for the giant to appear. And only minutes later did he."

"You're here earlier. You must be dying to see me, huh?"

Ten stood up, looking up at Johnny before punching his shoulder,"Shut up.' He then walked past Johnny.

Johnny playfully turned towards Ten's walking figure,"You didn't deny it."

~~~~

Johnny led Ten to a nearby expensive looking apartment structure. 

"This is where you live? I expected something like a mansion."

"When an attractive assassin is trying to kill you, hiding in plain sight seems like the best option."

"What ever. Let's go inside. It's freezing."

~~~~

Johnny twisted the doorknob, allowing Ten to walk in first, then following suit. He locked the door behind them, giving Ten a sense of  déjà vu of the time they first met. Johnny walked over to counter and leaned over it, cupping his own face and peering at Ten with an utmost interest in his eyes.

Ten slowly met Johnny's gaze which caused him to feel meek. His nails dug into his palms when he felt his heartbeat become more rapid,"Hurry up and put the movie on so I can get out of here faster."

Johnny clicked his tongue,"You're helping me cook so why would I put the movie on now?"

"I'm not cooking."

The taller teasingly winked,"Yes, you are, Cinderella."

Ten threw his arms down, well aware at this point there was no way he would win against Johnny. He let out a sigh and walked to the other side of the counter only seconds before letting out a scream,"What the hell?"

Johnny glimpsed at Ten,"What?"

"Why is that there?"

Johnny raised one eyebrow before looking to wear Ten's gaze was fixated at,"The fruit bowl?"

"Yes, the fruit bowl. Put it away somewhere."

An awkward silence consumed the room for a couple seconds.

As Johnny began his sentence it was blatantly obvious he was trying to suppress his laughter,"Ten, are you scared of fruit?"

"What? N-no, just put the bowl away, okay?"

Johnny softly snickered while grabbing the bowl,"Okay then."

Afterwards, Johnny grabbed the ingredients out of the fridge and set them out on the counter. Ten eyed the vegetables,"What are we making?"

Johnny shoved his hands in his pockets,"I figured chicken noodle soup. I don't know what you like to eat."

"Soup is fine."

Johnny began washing his hands while Ten leaned against the counter on the behind Johnny. His eyes landed on the knife stand at the end of the counter then Johnny's back,"I could just kill him while his guard's down." His thoughts paused for a second,"How does he trust the fact that I won't try to kill him. He knows he's my target so why would he show me where he lives."

"Ten, wash your hands."

The shorter boy snapped out of his endless thoughts,"Oh, okay." He approached the sink with a awkward feeling, mainly due to the fact that Johnny watched his every move.

"Is there something wrong? You're watching me like a hawk."

Johnny flipped his hair back,"There's nothing wrong. You're just really beautiful."

Ten bit on his own tongue,"So about the soup-"

~~~~

Johnny connected his phone to a Bluetooth speaker, awkwardly dancing and singing along to 'Four Seasons' when it begun. As Ten busily sliced the carrots, he couldn't help but crack a smile at Johnny,"Stop it, you look retarded."

The taller sung into the wooden spoon as if it was a microphone, at this point his whole objective to either annoy Ten or make him smile,"I gave you the world-"

Before Johnny could finish the rest of the verse, on impulse, Ten shut him up with a peck. He clicked his tongue before bitting down on his own lip, then continuing to slid the knife against the cutting board.

~~~~

Only a short span of a hour passed after finishing the soup completely. Johnny set both of their bowls on the counter and grabbed two silver spoons from his utensil drawer and handed one to Ten. The shorter boy gazed at Johnny for a hefty amount of seconds.

Johnny mixed the broth in his bowl,"Is there something wrong?"

"I'm just waiting for you to eat it so I can tell if it's edible or not."

Johnny snapped his fingers,"So, you're trying to poison me?"

"What? No-"

~~~~

Johnny clicked his t.v. remote, turning the pitch black screen on. He carelessly leaned back in his stance, scrolling through Netflix trying to find a movie to watch. Eventually, after many minutes of browsing, he clicked on 'Scream'. Johnny sat himself next to Ten while the opening scene played. Ten shifted his body awkwardly, his heartbeat continued to race. At this point he simply thought he was going to die of a heart attack.

Ten rubbed his thumbs against each other. The feeling of Johnny's breathing against his pale skin sent chills down his spine. Even though Ten was trained to kill he felt safe with Johnny. What was worse was that he enjoyed the night more than needed. Johnny leaned over to the opposite side, his head then hitting the armrest of the couch. Ten realized that Johnny had fallen asleep.

"I could just kill him now."

He glanced once at Johnny's sleeping figure, his eyes remained on Johnny's face till her disregardedthe thought of murdering the man in his slumber. Without a single word or action, Ten left the apartment.

While walking back down the road, a unusual feeling washed over Ten. Unsure of what it was, he brushed it off and continued walking as cars sped by. His mind wandered with thoughts of what had just happened. Even if he wouldn't acknowledge it, Ten was slightly happy he hadn't been able to reach that bag of chocolate.

~~~~