Thirteen

Fingers intertwined, the pair walked down a lonely back-alley only illuminated by the buzzing streetlights. It wasn't the ideal place to be nor was it the safest idea but, how was anyone gonna beat up Ten when he kills people weekly?

Johnny looked down at Ten, the Thai tried to conceal or lessen the appearance of his ever-growing smile. Johnny's grasp abruptly tightened around Ten's palm. The action seemed unexpectedly painful, as if there was more to it then just a thoughtless movement. Nevertheless, Johnny continued to wear his soft smile around Ten while they neared the corner of the roads.

Eventually, that night had to come to an end, leaving Ten saying goodbye to Johnny, running back to his own "house" and climbing in through his room window to avoid confrontation.

~~~~

A sudden pain erupted from Ten's back as he immediately shot awake, his body temporarily sinking into the mattress. Why? Because Donghyuck felt the need to jump off Ten's dresser onto him in an attempt to wake him up for a target.

Ten groggily sat up, very clear that he was already a week's worth annoyed with Donghyuck,"I will actually stab you with a seven inch heel." Ten turned towards the digital alarm clock set on his bedside table,"It's three a.m., what the fuck."

Donghyuck leaned against the window seal,"Well, you have a target so, not much of a choice there."

Ten laid his head back onto his pillow,"You don't even do labor so why do you get to determine my targets and what-not?"

The younger annoyingly smiled,"Doesn't matter, go change."

Ten tiredly sat up, rubbing his eyes,"Can we just poison them this time? I don't feel like slitting anyone's throat open this early."

Donghyuck's eyes followed Ten's figured as he walked over to the bathroom,"Do you have poison to use?"

As he scrubbed his face with nothing but cold water,"I have two of those silica gel ball packet thingys in a shoe box."

"Dumbass, those don't-," Donghyuck didn't bother finishing his answer and just sharply exhaled before walking out of the spacious bedroom.

~~~~

Ten leaned back onto the white vanity chair behind him, a yawn escaped his lips while he watched his target bleed out onto the carpet. Perhaps it was his bad attitude about losing sleep that he seemed to execute the target quicker. The faster he killed the target, the faster he could get back in his bed.

Ten wiped the edge of his blade onto the edge of his clothing and exited, without worry, through the entrance. He opened and slammed the car door shut after getting in which he then immediately laid his head back against the seat and began to doze off.

By the time they'd arrived back, the time was barely reaching five a.m., leaving Ten to take a quick shower and immediately hop back into bed.

~~~~

Ten was once again woken up, only this time by his alarm clock that was set at seven a.m. Already feeling pretty careless today, he tossed the clock to the other side of his spacious room, leaving it to hit against the dresser and batteries to knock out and roll silently.

The house was uncomfortably quite. Despite if Ten awoke early or not, Donghyuck could usually be heard in the kitchen or singing incredibly loud in the shower. He figured Donghyuck may have left throughout the night and sunk his head back into his pillow, only for that temporary silence to be disrupt by a sound outside Ten's window.

Ten groaned, sliding his body headfirst out of bed and onto the wooden floor. His thin sheets trailed behind until he reached the window by dragging himself along the floor. He lifted the curtain up, the sun already piercing through him. He forced the window open and rested along the seal conversing with the very familiar person outside of it,"Why are you pulling a "Billy Loomis"?"

Johnny leaned towards the shorter,"So you actually paid attention when we watched 'Scream', huh."

Ten squinted his eyes,"What do you want? I'm exhausted from killing some random rich dude."

Johnny thrusted forward, making Ten move back as the older began to squeeze through the limited space of the window. Ten leaned back against his mattress, watching Johnny struggle to get in past his back.He held his head up with his palm, tiredly but also amusingly watching. Johnny loosened his muscles for a second, leaving half his body hanging out the window,"Are you going to help me?"

Ten shut his eyes, his voice slowly put out a,"Nope."

Johnny furrowed his eyebrows at Ten. He set his hands against the wall and pushed himself the opposite way till he was in the room. The American dusted of his black jeans then abruptly picked up Ten from where he had fallen asleep during the struggle and softly tossed him on the bed.

The soft spring was enough to cause Ten's eyes to flutter open and see Johnny over him with a comforting smile. Ten licked his lips,"You realize I don't even know if Donghyuck is here, right? He might actually kill me if he were to see me with a target who was supposed to be dead weeks ago."

Johnny petted the top of Ten's hair, carding through his jet-black locks,"It'll be fine."

The soft touch of Johnny's slender fingers allowed him to drift off, the accompanying sound of the tall man's heartbeat bringing a surprising calmness and comfort to him.

Ten, who was already half asleep, peeked through one eye tiredly. His voice came out as more of a mumble at first,"I think I finally figured out what I feel when I'm around you."

Johnny perked his head up off his folded arms. Silently he bit down on the inside of his cheek and even slyly moved his hand down to Ten's wrist.

"You don't give me anxiety so there's only one other option."

~~~~