Eight

Barley over a week had passed since the hospital assassination. Ten and Donghyuck's relationship with each other had remained the same with the exception of Donghyuck treated the Thai like a child, watching him constantly and requiring him to train regularly, unlike before.

~~~~

Ten licked his dry lips, heavily exhaling while cold drops of sweat rolled down his pale, slender arms. He released grasp of the weightless blade in his hand, crouching down around the damaged practice targets.

"Get up and do it over," that annoying familiar voice which belonged to Donghyuck echoed.

Ten lifted his head up, looking at the younger who was sitting only a few yards away,"If you were doing this, you would realize it's not that easy."

Donghyuck sipped on his glass filled with lemonade,"Then why did I have to kill your last target for you?"

Ten brushed his jet-black hair back with his fingers, securing the sharp metals in his grip before starting a stopwatch and "killing" the targets. Within seconds all the punching bags and Century targets were damaged once more, sand even leaking from the bags. The sounds of Donghyuck's applause traveled through the spacious room,"Hey, look. You did something right."

"If you weren't my superior, I'd have killed you already."

"Shortie, you wish."

~~~~

The steam and heat of the shower embraced Ten's body, relieving him of the stickiness of sweat. He wrapped the fluffy, white towel around his lower half, stepping out into the abyss of steam in the confined area. His hair dripped as Ten threw on a letter-printed gray t-shirt and slim fitted, black cargo pants that wrapped around his legs a little too perfectly. His outfit was finished off with a pair of combat boots and leather rope bracelets around his wrists. 

"Where the fuck are you going?" Donghyuck's voice interrupted as the young male leaned against the door frame.

"Out. It's suffocating being here 24/7 and I don't feel like lounging around right now."

"Be back before two a.m. and don't get yourself killed."

Ten's fingers fidgeted with the ropes around his wrist,"You don't care where I'm going?"

"If you do shit I'll know anyways."

"Sure."

~~~~

Ten's hands warmed inside his pockets while he ventured into the more "populated;famous" parts of the city. If he recalled correctly, this was his first time in these parts where he wasn't required to kill someone later that night.

The city itself was decently sized, possessing the right amount of stores and restaurants so that one doesn't feel too overwhelmed. The lights from the shops and the ones aligning the roads illuminated the paths which were crowded with people walking. The sound of continuous chatter, music and cars speeding by gave the city itself not a moment of silence.

Ten turned the corner, entering a quiet cafe that wasn't too packed unlike almost every other store that night. The bell attached to the door jingled as he pulled open the door, earning a welcome from the employees behind the counter. He sat the to the glass windows of the cafe, his eyes silently panning the double-sided, beige menu on the table.