Fourteen

Unlike the expression Ten would have expected from Johnny, his face was exceptionally dark. Not the the slightest bit of happiness or surprise lingered on his expression. Ten nervously chuckled, trying to read into why Johnny had suddenly changed. He'd been so insistent on getting Ten to say it, why was know any different?

"Uh, let's get something to eat in the kitchen, yeah?" The Thai questioned while sitting up. He got off the sheets and on pulled Johnny along to the kitchen.

Johnny stood across from Ten on the opposite side of the kitchen island. Ten scavenged through the cabinets, paying too much attention to Johnny's sullen expression which hadn't changed.

"Uh, we have three year old cer-" His sentence was cut off by the sound of the door opening and closing.

"Ten, since I'm so nice I bought you food since you did g-" Donghyuck looked up from the plastic bags to Ten and Johnny who were in the frozen in their stance. Ten and Donghyuck just stared at each other in silence. This prolonged, awkward silence was disrupted only when Donghyuck marched forward, grasped the older by his hair and dragged him into his office.

"What the fuck? Why is your goddamn target in the goddamn kitchen?"

"You know that food's gonna get cold, we should go ea-"

"You're not eating shit. How long has this been going on?"

Ten tapped his fingers against his thigh. He was well aware Donghyuck wouldn't buy any lies at this point,"Uh, two months?"

That answer alone earned him an unexpected punch from the punch. It stung a little but, it was nothing more than what he's faced as an assassin.

"So this whole time you've been riding him? Let me guess those three to four hour grocery runs were spent somewhere with him. Or the night you came back at midnight. Correct?"

"Okay, see, no. I did go for groceries like once."

"Ten-"

"Also, you have no idea how good he feels to ride when you only have sex with sixty year old perverts."

Donghyuck sharply inhaled, his eyes shut in annoyance,"Well, know I know you're actually a hoe and don't just act like one," he paused for second,"You're killing him, Ten. You've elongated this target enough, haven't you?"

Donghyuck walked out of his office to see Johnny sitting on the kitchen island, eating the food he'd bought.

"The fuck are you doing?"

A quick clicking sound and Johnny's reply of,"My job," before he pulled out a glock, aimed it at Donghyuck and pulled the trigger. Fortunately, Ten was still in the office and close enough to Donghyuck that he pushed the younger down and away from the door frame.

Ten exclaimed behind the door,"Johnny, what the hell?"

Donghyuck placed his fingers under his chin,"Where the hell did he pull that gun out of? His ass? I mean it was big."

"You almost died; is this really the time?"

"Ten, people have been trying to kill me for years. It's nothing new."

Johnny's voice intervened,"Ten, come here, please. You said you loved me; well, not directly but still."

"You have a nine millimeter in your hand. What's gotten into you?"

While the two conversed, Doyoung scavenged his shelves. He pulled out the bottom drawer and grabbed a glock he'd hidden inside and loaded a magazine. He switched the safety off and handed it to Ten who replied with a shake of disapproval.

"Why are you giving it to me?"

"You're the trained killer, duh."

"Donghyuck, I can't use guns they-"

"Dumbass, I already know you don't like guns but, we're gonna die if you don't do anything."

Ten hesitantly grabbed the gun from the younger's grasp,"What am I supposed to do?"

"Do that thing in like in 'Pulp Fiction' where they just open fire on that one dude."

"If we die, it's gonna be your fault. Look, just get out of here. I hate you but can't have you dying."

Donghyuck crawled over to the vent, quickly and silently he tugged the cover off.

Ten whispered,"Wait, what are you gonna use to defend yourself if it comes to that?"

"Why do you think God gave me hands? And Ten, don't die." With that he crawled through the vent.

Johnny jumped off of the kitchen island,"Ten, you're taking long."

Ten quickly stood up and put the gun behind his back between his waist band. He shuffled through the objects on Donghyuck's shelf, finding an Xacto knife and sliding it up his sleeve. This felt awfully similar to the slasher horror films Johnny forced him to watch, now that he thought about it.

Ten walked out of the office with a seemingly harmless appearance,"Johnny, what's gotten into you?"

"Where's the rat?" What a surprisingly accurate statement to call Donghyuck.

"Johnny..." How much it hurt Ten to even be in this situation. He'd genuinely fallen in love with Johnny, why was any of this happening?

Johnny rubbed the gun's barrel against the back of his head,"Ten, please, let's not make this any more difficult than it needs to be."

Ten got close enough to Johnny where he then pushed the Xacto knife through his middle and index finger and charged the blade at Johnny. The taller male instantly reacted, moving his body to the side and slamming Ten's wrist down against the island. The Thai twisted his wrist, sliding it out and gashing Johnny in the process. He kicked Johnny behind his knees, lowering his stance and spun behind his figure, holding the one inch blade to his larynx.

"I really don't want to hurt you, Johnny."

He was still easily attached to it all. All the times Johnny made him giggle to full on guffaw, every time their lips had touched, the times Johnny tightly gripped his hand or secured his arms around his waist. Everytime Johnny made him feel some type of emotion. It was like a drug, he got addicted to it, didn't want to abandon it and yet, it was trying to kill him.

~~~~