JOINING EDEN HALL

ALEX'S POV:

We were on the stage for the press release at Eden Hall. Adam and I were holding hands, watching Bombay about to make his speech.

"Thank you. It's a great honor to be here today, to introduce you to a truly great group of kids. Sure, they can be a little rambunctious. They've run me ragged and played more than their fair share of pranks," he said causing us to let out a laugh,"I still haven't forgotten about the eggs. But I hung in there, and they hung in there for me. We became The Quack Attack, The Flying "V", and The Bash brothers. I've never had a better time. These kids are winners, each and every one of them. But more than that, these are good people. I hope they enrich and enliven your school and your lives the way they have mine. Now, I hand you over to the capable hands of my old biology teacher and the current headmaster of Eden Hall, Dean Buckley," Coach smiled and stepped aside.

"Gordon Bombay has a lot to be proud of. We are happy to welcome the Ducks to our great educational institution. So, today it gives me great pleasure to award you these full athletic scholarships to Eden Hall Academy. Where we hope the ducks will be happy warriors and lead us into glory....and divisional championships," Dean smiled.

I clapped along with everyone else, but I'm not so sure about this place.

After the event, Coach asked Charlie and I to take a walk with him.

"This school looks stuffy, but we'll loosen it up," Charlie shrugged causing me to laugh.

"Huh Coach? Ready for the ducks to take over Eden Hall?" I asked looking up at Charlie. It's pretty funny that Charlie was now taller than Coach.

"I'm not gonna be your coach this year guys," He said awkwardly. I furrowed my eyebrows and felt my heart drop to the floor.

"Haha very funny," Charlie chuckles.

"I just got the official word. The Junior Goodwill Games Committee has named me Director of Player Personnel. I'm gonna be in charge of their junior hockey program worldwide," (Coach)

"Well don't go," I said, like it was the most obvious thing.

"I can't pass up this opportunity,"(Coach)

"Oh, but you can pass us up? You just dump us in this fucking school-"(Alex)

"Alex, language,"(Coach)

"Why should I? You just dump us at this stupid ass school full of rich assholes and now you're not even gonna coach us? I'm only here for Adam and the team, which includes you Coach," I snapped.

"I'm not dumping you anywhere. Eden Hall is a great chance for both of you. Charlie, Alex, I will always-" Coach says but I cut him off.

"Why are you telling us this? You couldn't have told the whole team? You had to take us on a walk to tell only us. Why?" (Alex)

"You guys are my leaders. You guys are the co-captains. I know you're gonna do the right thing," (Coach)

"The right thing? What are you even talking about?"

"Coach please don't go," Charlie begged. I just rolled my eyes and clenched my jaw.

"You guys, I know it's hard. I understand what you're going through-"

"No you don't! You obviously don't even have a clue," Charlie scoffed.

"Have fun with your new job. Hope it's worth it," I said coldly.

Charlie and I walked away from ex-coach. I was a little disappointed but mostly just annoyed.

"How could he do this to us?" Charlie asked as we walked around to clear our heads and think about what Coach just told us.

"I know right, after everything we went through together,"(Alex)

"I just don't get it, Alex. We have been together since they beginning and then you guys came along and we became better, the best team in the Junior Goodwill Games. Does that not mean anything?"(Charlie)

"I guess not. I only came because of you guys and Coach, especially for Adam, but I don't wanna deal with a new coach and this preppy ass school,"(Alex)

"What are we gonna tell the team?" He asked as we walked down the sidewalk near Eden.

"Look, right now we are really pissed off at Coach and I need to blow off some steam so I think it's better we tell the team when we are cooled off. When we calm down, we'll just tell them," I shrugged talking a deep breath.

"Yeah, I guess,"(Charlie)

We went our separate way as I went home. I stayed up until 12 am.

 I stayed up until 12 am