CHOICES

ALEX'S POV:

"Coast is clear. Come on," Julie ushered us to the Varsity dorms.

Kenny tied all the doors together with a string while Averman got stuck in his, Luis and I put tubes under all the doors, Connie and Guy kept a look out, and Dwayne went to get any stragglers. Charlie and the others went to get the ants.

"Nah, it's okay it's just my face," Averman said as Kenny kept hitting him.

Once they had come back and Dwayne had gotten off his horse, we all gathered around to watch.

"Use the funnel." Charlie said. They poured ants into the tubes and they made their way to the rooms. We heard screaming from the rooms and I smirked. They tried opening the doors but the ropes kept them shut.

"Alright let them go." Charlie dismissed. We let go of the rope and they ran out. They all fell on the ground yelling.
"You think you're funny huh? You think you're worth a damn? You're just white trash." Riley spat at us.

"Who you callin' white?" Russ said.

"That's right. We'll take you anytime, anywhere," Charlie smirked. I looked to see Adam in sweatpants and no shirt, He looked up and met my eyes but I looked down.

"Tomorrow, dawn,"

"I gotta get to the showers!" Someone yelled. They all ran to the showers.

Suddenly we heard the thumping of Cole, he was tied down with rope.

"I'm gonna kill you guys!" He yelled. "Gotta blast." I said and then we all ran off.

Later.....

The next morning, we all skated in circles warming up for Varsity.

"They didn't tell me until it was too late," Banks skated up to Charlie,"Charlie, you gotta believe me."

"Yeah right, Preppy," Charlie spat and skated away. Banks skated over to me.

"It's not the showdown, Adam," (Alex)

"It's a showdown." (Adam)

"Not here, not now. I'll talk to you later," I said looking up him. He nodded and skated away.

"Okay guys, concentrate now! Check, set!" Riley yelled.

"You alright?" Connie skated over to me.

"Um yea, it's fine, I'm fine, everything is fine," I say sadly.

"Hey, you are not fine, and that's okay. We can talk about this later," She says.

"Okay, thanks Connie," I say and got to left next to Fulton and Charlie.

"First to ten. Full check," Riley said.
"Bring it on," Charlie smirked. They started and Riley immediately knocked him down.

"Hey!" We all yelled and skated after him.

"Flying V!" Charlie yelled, we all skated together. We passed the puck from place to place, but Varsity blew right threw us throwing me to the ground again. Varsity once again got the puck and scored so we started again. Julie told Charlie to use the triple deke, but we were knocked down anytime we had the puck.

"What do I have to do?" Charlie groaned.

"We can't win if they cheat!" I spat at Riley.

"I'm not cheating, sweetheart, " Riley smirked at me.

"God, you're such a prick!" I say getting closer to him.

"Why don't you do something about it, babe?" Riley says skating up to me.

"Ohh I'll do something about it,asshole!" I yelled and lunged for him. Charlie caught me and held me back.

"Alex, calm down." He held me by my waist.

"Fine," I took a deep breath and we started to play again. Charlie got the puck when Adam started pushing him to get the puck.

"Damn it, Banks!" Charlie yelled as they started to fight, "How do you like it?"

"Yeah, nice takedown. You'd be in the box," (Adam)

"Go cry to your rich parents!" Charlie says and they start to fight.

"Stop! Okay, stop!" I yelled trying to get them off each other.

"Get off of him, Charlie!" I yelled. Everyone around us started fighting.

"Freeze!" A voice said. Oh shit, it was Orion.

"Hey, hey break it up! It's a damn good thing I'm not your coach! Get your team out of here now!" Riley and his team skated away.

"Well, congratulations. You just forfeited whatever mental edge you had over Varsity. Now they own you. This isn't peewees. Your little duck tricks aren't gonna work at this level. Now, for the last time, stay away from Varsity! And get those Duck Jerseys off now. The Ducks are dead!" Coach yelled.

Everyone took off their jerseys except for Fulton, Charlie, and me. I wasn't losing the ducks.

"You got two choices, Conway. Take off the jersey now or you don't play," (Coach Orion)

"You're breaking up the best thing any of us have ever had," Charlie shook his head.

"Well it's time to grow up,"(Coach Orion)

"Like you, huh? A washed up pro who has to show off to a bunch of kids. Geez, that's real grown up," (Charlie)

"Okay, goodbye Conway. Anybody else?" He asked. Fulton skated off with him. I felt eyes on me.

"Charlie's right. The Ducks are the best thing that's ever happened to me. They have been there for me when I was away from my family and they still are here for me. So if they're dead, I am too. Sorry guys," I say to them then skated away with them.

"Alright, Bye Solano," Coach said, sounding a bit sad.

Later...

"Your mother has been calling. She's been looking for you two. Alex, your family is worried about you," Hans said as we entered his shop.

"We're right here," Charlie shrugged as we sat down.

"I can call my parents later," I say.

On the radio we heard the game. The Warriors were failing miserably.

"Sounds like the team needs you two, huh?" (Hans)

"They don't need us. They need a new coach," Charlie rolled his eyes.

"You two aren't little kids anymore. Please stop acting like it," Hans told us.

"Eden Hall Academy sucks, Hans. I don't know what he wants from us." I sighed.

"He won't just let you skate by. He demands more. He wants it because he knows it's inside of you. Like Gordon did. He needs you guys to lead," He said.

"How can he expect me to lead when he takes away my C. I was the captain, Hans." (Charlie)

"It's only a letter, Charlie. Here I have hundreds," Hans threw a couple C's at Charlie.

"These aren't the same. Don't make fun of me, Hans," (Charlie)

"He took the C away Charlie. Not what was under it. Go be with your friends. You're the heart of the team. Don't let it slip away," Hans said. Charlie scoffed.

"There the ones slipping away from us. I gotta walk, see ya," Charlie grabbed my hand and pulled out of the shop.

"Bye, Hans," I smiled and left.