JEALOUSY

ALEX'S POV:

I sat next to Charlie at lunch, at the end of the table.

"Movie night?" I asked.

"Of course," He smiled. It was quickly replaced with disdain as Varsity rolled up to our table.

"Congrats on the Blake game," Riley said, I rolled my eyes.

"Yeah right. We tied," Charlie scoffed.

"Hey, a points a point," Riley shrugged.

"We're all warriors now. You guys proved yourselves. You all set for dinner Friday?" He asked.

"Yeah, I'd rather throw a toaster in the bath with me in it," I shrugged.

"Well I mean I don't-"

"Electrocuting me to death," I cut him off.

"Dinner?" Charlie said covering my mouth. Adam shifted his eyes from me to Charlie, jealously starting to fill them.

"It's an Eden Hall tradition. Varsity gets to treat the freshman to dinner. So, round up your posse and meet us at The Minnesota Club, downtown. Need a ride, we can take you. I mean, you guys do like steak and seafood right?" Riley persuaded everyone.

"Me. Toaster. Tub," I said through Charlie's hand.

"Yeah we do," Charlie looked at everyone as the smiled and nodded.

"Look, I don't like you pukes alright?" Cole said.

"We don't like you too asshole," I muttered. God, Charlie take your hands off of me.

"But this is a tradition. At Eden Hall, I learned to care about tradition." They walked away but Banks stayed back. Charlie finally took his hand back.

"It's cool," He smiled.

"Oh you hear that guys, Banksie says it's cool!" I rolled my eyes.

"Babe, I promise. You'll be fine," He reassured me.

"Whatever you say,babe," He leaned down and kissed my cheek then walked away to join his new friends.

"You trust this?" Charlie asked.

"If he does, I guess." I said feeling unsure myself.

Later...

I sat on my chair while Charlie was on my bed, we were watching a random movie that was on the TV.

"So Charlie,  I saw you the other day talking to that girl from the petition stand, what's going on there?" (Alex)

"After practice, I ran into her at the bus stop, we just started talking. We are just friends though," Charlie shrugged, but his big smile says other wise.

"Hmm, okay" (Alex)

The phone rang so I got up to answer. "Hello?" I answered twisting the cord in my fingers.

"Hey, Alex. Wanna do something tonight?" Adam asked.

"Well Charlie and I are kinda hanging out now, raincheck?" I say feeling guilty.

"Yeah it's fine, raincheck, yeah, I forgot I had to do something, bye" he says.

"Adam wait--" I say but he ends the call. I sigh and put the phone back.

"Everything okay Alex?" Charlie asks me.

"Umm yeah I'm fine, Adam just called and wanted to hang out but when I told him I was with you, he started to get mad and said he something to do and ended the call," I say looking down.

"Hey, don't worry about it, he is probably bothered that we are hanging out so much and you aren't hanging out with him as much. He will get over it though, he doesn't stay mad forever. Plus Adam probably had to do something with the team, you know how it is. He does what they say so he doesn't get in trouble," Charlie says reassuring me.

"Thanks Charlie," I say, leaning my head against his shoulder, slowly falling asleep.