BACK TOGETHER AGAIN

ALEX'S POV:

"Hey, nice move," Goldberg griped, "Ow! Alex, can you please stop hitting the puck so hard?!"

"Aww, Goldie I'm sorry," I fake apologized.

"You didn't mean that," (Goldberg)

"Of course not. Man up, I've had bruises bigger than your right leg on my body and you don't see me whining." I rolled my eyes jabbing him with my stick. He fell on the ground and groaned causing me and Luis to laugh.

"Good one, babe." Luis gave me a high five me.

"Thanks, babe," I winked.

"Hey, now, no flirting with my girlfriend, Luis" Adam interjected skating between Luis and me.

"Below the belt! That's an out!" Goldie yelled at me. I rolled my eyes and helped him up.

"Coach!" Dwayne yelled. We all whipped our heads and skated over to Coach and Charlie.

"Damn Conway, what took you so long?" Russ asked. We all urged Conway and Coach to play.

Just like the good old days.

Later...

"Babe, can we please just lay down and cuddle?" I asked Adam. I had a game tomorrow and he wanted to go mini golfing.

"Fine," He rolled his eyes and we went to my dorm.

"Don't act like you don't love it," I said, setting down my bag.

He pulled me down to the bed so that I was on top of him. I had my arms wrapped around his stomach and my head on his chest. He was running his hand through my hair making me fall asleep.

"I love you, Alex," He said softly. I smiled closing my eyes.

"I love you too, cake eater," I felt him kiss the top of my head and we both dozed off the sleep.

Next day...

"Mendoza, Solano, Robertson." Coach checked off our names as we sat on the bus getting ready for an away game. I took a seat next to Dwayne who shot a wink my way and I smiled rolling my eyes.

"Conway?" Coach asked. I looked up to see Charlie and I broke out in a smile.

"I wanna be on the team, Coach. I wanna play two way hockey," Charlie said.

"Take a seat. We're running late," Coach said.

Charlie grinned and sat next to Russ who immediately started to make fun of him.

"I almost missed you. Coach, mind if I have a word with you and your boys?" Dean Buckley asked coming on the bus.

"And girls," Connie called out.

"If you can make it quick. We're running late as is," Coach informed him.

"I'm afraid this is important. We have a board meeting scheduled tomorrow and well, you all are on the agenda. We have to think long term here. What's in your best interest. Hard as it is for me to say personally, because you kids have been a breath of fresh air around here, the board is going to approve the withdrawal of your scholarships," Dean said solemnly, I rolled my eyes.

"Are you kidding me? This is fucking-" I say bit Dean cuts me off.

"Language, young lady, "(Dean)

"Fuck language. This is stupid  you just used us for publicity! Now that you don't need us, you're just gonna drop us at whatever homeless shelter you feel like. This is bull-" I was cut off by Fulton covering my mouth.

"Alright that's enough outta Alex. Anyone else?" Dwayne said.

"Now, you'll be welcome to stay through the end of the semester. But after that it will be necessary for you to explore other educational opportunities," Dean ignored me, I rolled my eyes.

"Fuck you," I said through Dwayne's hand.

"Dean I need a word with you," Coach said.

"I think I've said all I needed to say," (Dean)

"No. Now," (Coach)

"Other educational opportunities? What does that mean?" Dwayne asked finally taking his hand off of me.

"I'll put it in terms you can understand, adios amigo," Russ says.

"Oh, I see," Dwayne frowned. I patted him on the shoulder reassuringly. He gave me a half smile, but I could tell he was really disappointed.

"So that's it? Your dumping them just like that?!" Coach asked angrily. We all piled up on the side of the bus trying to get a view.

"Coach, I'm sorry. Your team isn't performing and I've been under enormous pressure," (Dean)

"From who? The alumni group? A bunch of aging pep clubbers?" (Coach)

"Ted, I'm trying to do you a favor. With those kids gone, you'll get to pick your own team. Let's face it, the ducks are drowning," Dean shrugged.

"I got my team. Either they stay or I go." Coach said, I smiled.

"We'll miss you, Ted." Dean shrugged and walked away. My mouth gaped open and we all walked off the bus.

"Why us?"

"Cause he's a slime,"

"I have a better word than slime," I rolled my eyes.

"We know. You said all of them on the bus, Alex," Averman pointed out, I smiled amusingly.

"We're just pawns, puppets of a stage show," Goldberg started,"jesters to entertain the king, barnacles on the bottom of-"

"Shut up!" Russ exclaimed. Gotta love Russ.

"Coach, is this legal? I mean, don't we have contracts or something,"

"I don't know what is it. All I know is we're gonna fight it," Coach said.

Later...

"Babe, I have great news," Adam came up to me as I was walking to my dorm.

"What's up?" I asked.

"I'm coming back!" He exclaimed, it took me second.

"Wait, really?!" I beamed.

"Really." He answered. I jumped into his arms, hugging him to death.

"I have never loved you more," I said once he set me down

"I have never loved you more," I said once he set me down. He laughed and leaned down to kiss me.