SCHOOL

ALEX'S POV:

I walked with Charlie to our first period because Adam had a different class. 

"Who do you think our new coach is gonna be?" I asked holding onto the straps of my backpack. 

"Not Bombay," Charlie shrugged. 

"No shit Sherlock,"(Alex)

He laughed as we walked into class. 

"Names?" The teacher asked. 

"Charlie Conway and Alexandra Solano," I answered.

"Every Monday you'll have a practice quiz, every Wednesday you'll have a real quiz, every Friday you'll have an exam and anytime I feel like it you'll have a surprise quiz or exam," The teacher said passing back practice quizzes. 

"Charlie please kill me now, I beg you," I sighed grabbing a pencil from my bag. 

"Only if you have Adam kill me after," he says laughing

"Deal,"(Alex)

We went to our next class which happened to be history. I sat next to Adam and sighed. 

"Our english teacher is insane,"(Alex) 

"My science teacher gave us an assignment, already

"My science teacher gave us an assignment, already. What even is this?" He complained. 

"Don't worry, Banksie. It'll be fine, we'll be fine," I said unsurely, as I squeezed his hand in comfort. I looked up at the teacher who had a doll and a book. 

"It's been said that the present is to the past like a dwarf on the shoulders of a giant. If the dwarf holds his seat, he can indeed see further than the giant. But beware if the dwarf should grow careless and forget his place," he stopped at Fulton's desk and slammed the book on top of the dwarf, "history is a giant. Get ready to ride,"

Charlie and I roll our eyes.

Later on..

The lunch bell finally rang. Adam's arm around my waist as we walked with Averman, Goldberg, Julie and Charlie. Luis was slammed into the lockers by a varsity guy for checking out a cheerleader.  Varsity grabbed Kenny's lunch and I knew I had to do something about it.

"I'll meet you guys in a second," I told them and went over to the varsity guy who took his lunch.

"Hi there," I asked smiling sweetly. He looked at me up and down and smirked. 

"What can I do for you, sweetheart?" 

"I left my lunch at home, and I was wondering if you had something?  I'll make it up to you," I grabbed his arm in a flirty way. He smiled like a dog and handed me Kenny's lunch. 

"Thanks," I winked and walked away.

"Thanks, Alex," Kenny said as I handed him his lunch.

"No problem," I told him and ran to catch up with Adam and them. I couldn't find a seat so I sit on Adam's lap. He seemed a little tense, I'm assuming he saw what happened. I ignored everyone else's conversation and I started whispering in Adam's ear.

"Don't worry babe, you're the only one for me. I was just messing with him to get Kenny's lunch," he loosened up a bit but was still tense, "You know, maybe later, we can have a make out session,"

Later on...

I walked down the stairs with Charlie to go to Spanish. We were stopped by some girl with a clipboard. 

"Hi. Uh, will you sign this petition?" She looked up at Charlie and then at me. Charlie just stared for a second, I rolled my eyes and elbowed him. 

"Uh, yeah what's it for?" Charlie groaned putting a hand on his stomach. 

"We're demanding the board change the demeaning warrior name." She told us. 

"Um, what's so bad about warriors?" I crossed my arms over my chest.  "Yeah, I mean you got the Indians, The Braves, The Redskins..." he trailed off. 

"The Titans, The Giants, The Blackhawks." I continued. She rolled her eyes. 

"You guys are jocks aren't y'all?" She asked. 

"Yep we play hockey." I smiled proudly. 

"I'm the captain of the new j.v. team," He bragged.

"I'm co-captain but soon to be captain," I told her as Charlie rolled his eyes and pushed me playfully. He knows I would never actually go for his spot, I'm fine with being co-captain.

"Forget about it. All you warrior jocks stick together," She spat. I gave her a 'excuse me' look and scoffed. 

"But I'm not a warrior I'm a duck!" He called after her. 

"Forget her, Charlie. She thinks she's all self righteous for changing a team name," I rolled my eyes and pulled him away. 

"I kinda wanna bother, Alex,"(Charlie) 

"I'm sure you do, and if she gets off her high horse, I would gladly help you,"  (Alex)

"Until then?" (Charlie)

"Until then, look for another girl," I shrugged and walked into our next class.