FORGIVE

ALEX'S POV:

I laid in Charlie's guest room thinking over my life decisions and what led me to this.

I decided to stay at Charlie's for awhile so I could get away from the school and go by with my best friend.

Casey opened the door, "You have a visitor."

"Who?" I asked getting up.

"I'm not liberty to say," She shrugged. I sighed and walked to see Adam, I frowned.

"Yes?" I asked walking out and shutting the door.

"I'm sorry, Alex. And I know you said you needed space but I just can't sit there and let you slip away from me. I miss you, Charlie's right and I shouldn't have gotten jealous of you guys hanging out because that's what friends do, they are there for each other. And I'm sorry for not being a great friend or boyfriend. But please give me a chance to make it up to you," he says to me, holding my face in between his hands, looking deeply into my eyes.

"I miss you too, Banksie. And I'm sorry I've been lashing out at you so much. I want us to be happy, to go on dates, and kiss, and hug, but I don't know if I can do that with you while you're on Varsity. It complicates things," I explain to him, taking his hands off me.

"Please, Alexandra. I'll try and fight even harder this time. I can make this work, I just need you to say yes," He grabbed my face again, looking me in the eyes.

I nodded, smiling, saying , "Okay, let's make this work again."

He broke out in a smile and kissed me.

"I miss this," I said as he pulled away.

"No fooling around while I'm gone, okay?" He advised me.

"No promises," I joked. He kissed me one more time before I went back inside.

"You guys are still together?" Charlie asked me.

"Yeah, we are." (Alex)

"Good, I don't want my favorite couple breaking up over this stupid hockey rivalry," He told me. I hugged him, "Thanks Charlie, that means a coming from you."

Later...

Charlie, Fulton, and I walked along the steps in a random alley.

"Sure beats school, huh? Don't worry, tomorrow it'll be more fun." Charlie said sitting down.

"Yeah, but I mean what after that?" I asked continuing to stand with Fulton.

"We can't do this forever, Charlie," Fulton said.

"Yeah I know. See way I got it figured, we go to public school for a few years, then we just go play juniors in Canada. You only gotta be seventeen," (Charlie)

"Man, I don't even know if I could make juniors," (Fulton)

"Are you kidding me? With your shot?" (Charlie)

"I mean, I don't know if I wanna play hockey the rest of my life," Fulton said as Charlie and I gave him a shocked look,"sorry."

"Yeah and I don't wanna just skate through school," I frowned. Charlie rolled his eyes.

"You're going back," (Charlie)

"We can deal. The Ducks are there." I pointed out trying to get him to come with us.

"Fine. Just get out of here then," Charlie spat.

"Charlie come with us. We did it, we skipped a day, it was fun, it was rebellious but it's time for us to go back," I pleaded.

"Do whatever you want. I'm gonna do whatever I want," Charlie said. I sighed and walked away with Fulton.

Later..

I was laying in my dorm with Adam watching TV. I had his head rested on my chest with his arms wrapped around me. The phone started to ring.

"Ughhhh. Don't answer it, I'm comfortable," Adam groaned. I laughed and sat up causing him to whine more.

"Hello?" I answered. I heard the noise of crying in the background.

"Alex...it's Charlie. Hans...he uh, he passed away," Charlie choked out.

"W-what?" I asked.

"Yeah. My mom got the call today. He died in his sleep." Charlie said.

"I can't believe it." (Alex)

"Believe what?" Adam asked sitting up once he saw my eyes starting to water.

"The funerals in a week. Tell the ducks, I can't make this call again." Charlie said.

"Do you want me to come over?" I asked.

"Nah, I wanna be alone but thanks. Bye, Alex," (Charlie)

"Bye." I said then hung up.

I looked up at Adam and couldn't contain it anymore

I looked up at Adam and couldn't contain it anymore. I burst into tears, Adam pulled me to his chest and rubbed my back soothingly.

"Hey hey it's gonna be alright. It's gonna be okay. What's wrong?" He asked trying to calm me down.

"H-Hans. He's gone." I said sending vibrations through his chest.

"What? No." Adam said. I nodded and as he continued to rub my back.

At the funeral...

We all stood at Hans' funeral. I had my arm wrapped around Adam's waist and he had his arm over my shoulder. I saw Charlie standing across the yard from us, staring at nothing. I wanted to comfort him but I couldn't move. Right before the Father spoke Bombay walked over and set a ducks jersey on the coffin.

"Every time you touch the ice, remember it was Hans who taught you to fly," Bombay said sadly, that made me cry harder. I looked over to make sure Charlie was okay but he was nowhere to be seen.