Chapter 13

I woke up as the sun was shining in, that was the only disadvantage of the room. It was so open that as soon as the sun came up, you woke up too. I rolled over and Vic wasn't in bed. I checked my phone, it was 7am, surely he isn't already in a meeting.

I got up and walked over to the kitchen area to see if he was there but there was no sign of him. That's when I heard a faint singing voice coming from the bathroom, I didn't really know he was into singing.

I leant in closer resting my head against the door to hear properly and that's when the door opened and I fell to the floor taking Vic's towel with me, leaving him towering over me naked.

"Kellin, what're you doing?" He laughed picking up his towel and wrapping it around him. "I was listening to you sing." I said as I stood back up. "And look where that got you." He smirked.

He walked past me towards the kitchen making himself a coffee, he nodded at me as if to ask if I wanted any, I shook my head. I got some juice out of the fridge and poured myself a glass while Vic went back into the bedroom and got changed.

I sat down on the balcony watching the sea again, Vic came and joined me for 5 minutes before he had to leave. "I'll see you at 2:30." He kissed me before leaving the room.

I took my time and read my book on the balcony for an hour, before grabbing all my pool stuff, getting changed and I headed down for some breakfast.

Once again as I walked into the restaurant a waiter was by my side instantly taking me to a table. I had a quick look through the menu "can I just get banana pancakes please." The waiter took my menu and soon enough he brought over a stack of delicious pancakes. I ate them quickly and then headed to the pool.

As soon as I made myself comfortable on the lounger, the barman, Jaime brought a drink over for me. I thanked him and continued with my book, I was finally halfway through it.

A few hours had past, I'd been in and out of the pool and I was doing good with the book. It was now 1:45 and so I headed back to the room to get ready.

At 2pm on the dot Vic walked through the door with a huge smile on his face, and as soon as he saw me he greeted me with a kiss. "Hey mr sunshine what's got you all happy?" I asked. "I think we're getting closer to taking over this hotel." I smiled. "That's great news!" He kissed me again before changing into comfortable clothes.

"Are you ready to go to the sanctuary?" I nodded. He picked up a bag full of stuff I'm guessing we need and he took my hand and we left the room.

As we got downstairs a car was already waiting for us, we both hopped in. "Is it far away?" I asked. "No, about a 10 minute drive?" He replied. I spent the whole drive staring out of the window. I grabbed Vic's arms, "look!! I can see an elephant!" I shouted. Vic laughed at me. Soon enough we pulled up to the sanctuary.

We hopped out of the cars and walked to the entrance. I looked around and it was awfully quiet. "Vic, are you sure it's open?" He smiled at me. "Yes I'm sure." I sighed.

A worker came up to us. "Hello, my names Ni Luh and I will be your guide today." She said. I nodded at her. "Like you asked Mr Fuentes, the sanctuary is open for you and Mr Quinn only today." I looked at Vic with a huge smile.

She went through some rules about not riding the elephants etc and before I knew it she was leading us to a mud bath and there were 2 adults and a baby elephant in there too.

"Feel free to play with them, if they lift you up then you're welcome to play along but like I said we'd appreciate it if you didn't climb all over them without their permission." I smiled and then grabbed Vic's hand and pulling him into the mud bath with me.

We splashed around, I rubbed some mud onto Vic's face and we laughed and had an amazing time. The baby elephant who we learnt was called Ruby. She started splashing mud at me and Vic. We both continued to laugh and play with them for a long while.

Soon enough it was time to leave, the sanctuary allowed us to use their showers quickly and we had brought towels with us to go back to the hotel in. What an amazing day.