Changes

.  . . September  . . .

"I finally found where the Author lives." A excited twenty one year old Willis Pharris stood at the front brown door.

Willis held two books--technically two copies--that had two unique titles and we can easily tell the second one is a newer installment because the title read 'Baufumers: Idiot humans'that has a strange bookcover. Willis presses the doorbell once then reached is hand away from the yellow lighted doorbell. He taps his shoe waiting for the writer to come. Then he held his hand out.

"It's not going to be weird." Willis reassured himself. "Just act casual."

The door opens, and lala,let's refer to the writer as Ivy. Regardless of the name she's used for her books.

"Another agent?" Ivy said, narrowing her eyes.  "I told ya. No more books. I don't care if the director who's making my first book into a movie is dead. Just stop coming to me."

Willis held his hand out  as his face did not falter.

"I'm not an agent." Willis said.  "I'm a fan."

"You look like an agent." Ivy observes.

"I knew the suit was too business." Willis said, with a disapointed sigh to himself. "I'm not putting down my hand until I get a handshake."

"Just a handshake?" Ivy asks.

"Among other things." Willis said, his hand still out. "I've never shook the hand of a famous author."

Ivy reluctantly shook his hand.

"My life is complete." Willis said,after they stopped the handshake. "I love how you ended the first book.The bad guys didn't change a bit--"

"They were static characters." Ivy said.  "So of course they didn't change."

"But how did you write the amazing last scene with Megsypatronus?" Willis asks.

Ivy smiles at his little question and takes a step to the side of the door. 

"Come in." Ivy said. "I can tell you have more than one question on your mind."

Our scene changes to the living room about ten minutes later; Willis has a noteboook with a black pen. The Television is off. The temperature in the room feels fine enough to go on television marathon spree. Ivy sat in her comfortable pink couch while Wilis is sitting in the chair with a not-so-nice-curshion. We see the two open books with Ivy's signature on the page that had the title. 

"How did you write the last scene with the crew?" Willis asks.

"I listened to music." Ivy said.

"Music?" Willis repeats.

"I love Rock 'n Roll." Ivy said.  "It's a good song by Joan Jett." She lowers her eyes down to her hands. "I thought about their gigantic ship. Next up was to imagine watching a movie.Last I had to imagine humans coming into their doom."

Willis's mouth slightly opens.

"I thought they were going to make discoveries about their own creations." Willis said.

Ivy's eyes glance away from her hands.

"Book 2 continued off from the doomed human's death." Ivy said. "I'm surprised all their talks about killing humans didn't ring a bell." She raises an eyebrow.  "You must have been too distracted by their recent new teammate."

"C-Four." Willis said.

"A stubborn Baufumer." Ivy adds with a fond smile. "One of the most complex characters I've written."