imagination

serenade (n.)
a love song that is sung or played outdoors at night for a woman

song: imagination by shawn mendes

WORD COUNT: 1.4k words

━━☆⌒*.

You were sitting in your chair waiting for another school day to end. Your teacher was discussing a few more lessons before the bell rang.

As soon as the bell rung, the students stood up quickly and you did the same. You placed your bag on your shoulder and went out of the classroom. Finally.

The hallway was filled with students walking, chatting and going to their own lockers. You walked together with the crowd going to your locker and placed some books and notebooks that you didn't need. You were doing that until someone approached you.

"Y/N!" You heard a familiar voice calling you. You turned around to see who it was and it was him.

"Shawn?" You mumbled. He was one of your closest friends and the popular singer in school. Many girls would swoon over him since he was so handsome and a singer at the same time. Sometimes it would annoy you every time the girls would go to him while you were hanging out with him.

"What are you doing here?" You asked him and closed your locker to talk to him properly.

"Came here to see my best friend." He leaned against the locker and gave you that smile that would make your cheeks burn up.

"So, you want to get out of here?" He said and you chuckled. He would usually walk you home and that's how you kind of hang out together. You smiled and you were about to answer until you heard squeals from girls.

"Shawn!"

"Over here!"

You stood there awkwardly as he was entertaining those girls and it annoyed you. You were just eavesdropping to their conversation.

"Remember we had to practice for our cover together?" One of the girls said and you rolled your eyes, secretly. She didn't even sound nice while talking. How much more in singing?

"Oh, yeah. I almost forgot about that." He scratched his neck and just had that smile on his face the whole time.

He is too kind to them.

He turned to you and spoke, "I'm sorry I couldn't walk you home today. I forgot I had this." That's when your heart sank.

"N-no, it's okay." Lies. "I can walk alone, Shawn." Of course, you didn't want to walk alone.

"Great. Again, I'm really really sorry--"

"Shawn, let's go!" One of the girls called him and pulled him away from you like they were in a hurry or something.

"I'll see you tonight, Y/N!" That was the last thing you heard from him until he disappeared.

Tonight? What's with tonight? You asked yourself.