treat you better

gentleman (n.)
a man who treats other people in a proper way (especially girls)

song: treat you better by shawn mendes

WORD COUNT: 2.0k words

━━☆⌒*.

Shawn was in his room while blasting his new hit song. And now, he was writing a new one for the past few days. He was trying to make a new tune for the song that he wrote. He spent half of his day doing that until he heard a loud knock on his door.

Those loud knocks took him by surprise and he stopped doing what he was doing. He stood up and placed his guitar on his bed and went to see who it was. As soon as he opened the door, his eyes widen in shock.

"Y/N?"

Her hair was a total mess. Her face was red and her eyes were bloodshot. Tears were streaming down her face yet she still managed to smile when he opened the door.

"H-hey Shawn." Her voice was shaky. She had a big bag over her shoulder. Shawn scanned her from top to bottom.

"What happened?" He asked but Y/N broke down again. Shawn pulled her to hid chest and wrapped his arms around her as if he was protecting her. Y/N was sobbing in his shirt but he didn't mind.

After minutes of crying in his chest, he let her inside his apartment and let her sit on the couch to calm down. He grabbed a glass of water since she became to hiccup. After a while, she stopped crying and began to calm down.

Shawn sat down beside her and his hand was rubbing her back.

"So, are you going to tell what happened?" He broke the silence. Y/N jolted up and looked at Shawn.

"I-it's Mark." She answered in a low tone. Shawn felt his blood boil up. Whenever that guy's name is mentioned, he would feel anger inside of him. He never ever liked that guy.

"What the hell did that bastard do to you again?" He asked with a mad tone this time.

It took Y/N a while to answer him. She knew Shawn never liked him. That's why it was hard for her to tell Shawn the bad things her boyfriend did to her. Shawn would knock Mark down and he wouldn't care if it was her boyfriend.

"H-he... cheated on me. Again." She finally answered. Shawn gave a loud sigh and placed his hands on his face. He didn't want to get mad at her and shout but he just couldn't help it.

"I knew this guy would do this again. He cheated on you for like two times already, Y/N!" He shouted which made Y/N startle.

"I know but I love him, Shawn!" She shouted back at him.

With her response, it made Shawn even more furious. "Can't you see what he's doing to you? Do you think he really loves you back, Y/N?" He asked her and that made Y/N speechless. She didn't know what to say.

She was the reason why Shawn wrote his new song called 'treat you better'. Yes, he has feelings for her but he knew she didn't have feelings for him back. She was dating other guys while they were just best friends and it would always break Shawn's heart. But he would just understand until Mark came.