lost in japan

flight (n.)
a trip made by or in an airplane

song: lost in japan by shawn mendes

WORD COUNT 2.3k words

━━☆⌒*.

"Thank you, Macau! Have a great night!"

Shawn bowed down to the wild crowd as he ended his show and exited to the backstage with his guitar. He was soaking wet due to the sprinklers they put up in every concert they do.

"Great job, Shawn!" Most of the people who worked backstage told him as he walked going to his dressing room. He smiled at them and mouthed thank you to them.

He opened the door to his dressing room and found his friend, Brian, just sitting and reading some magazines. Shawn placed his guitar down and sat down for a while to breathe properly.

"Man, what a night," Shawn said and got a bottle of water and drank it until it was empty. That was how exhausted he was after the show.

"And we will travel again tomorrow early morning to Japan for your last tour in Asia," Brian said.

"Yep. Can't wait." Shawn answered and got a towel for his hair.

"You know who else you can't wait to see?" Brian asked and Shawn looked at his friend and grinned.

"Yep, I definitely can't wait to see her. Damn, it's been months or almost a year, man. I miss her." Shawn said and can't help but think about his high school girlfriend.

"Will you tell her ahead or you want to surprise her?" Brian asked.

"I'm still thinking about it," Shawn answered. "Right now, I need some sleep." Shawn got the magazine from Brian and covered his head to sleep.

"Woah woah, you can't sleep right now. You still have to see your meet and greet session in the backstage." Brian got the magazine off Shawn's face and he groaned.

"Five minutes, mom." Shawn joked and got back the magazine.

"No. You should go." Brian scolded Shawn then he removed the magazine once again from Shawn's face.

"Fine. You come with me." Shawn pulled Brian's arm as he stood up and almost made Brian fall.

The rest of the night, Shawn spent it hanging out with his fans and taking photos with each one of them. He was genuinely happy with his career right now but the only person that he can't wait to see was his girlfriend who he hasn't seen personally in like forever.

all it'd take is one flight
we'd be in the same time zone
looking through your timeline
seeing all the rainbows, i

Shawn and his crew finally flew off to Japan the next day and he could not wait to visit the place and have a little tour a few days before the show.

"Did you tell her that you're in Japan now?" Brian asked who was seated next to Shawn in the car that was going to the hotel that they'll stay in.

"Not yet," Shawn answered. "Luckily, I contacted one of her friends here that was acquainted to me during high school who is also working here in Japan near her."